News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Editing Footer Part

Started by loneli, August 13, 2016, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loneli

This is my website : hxxp:loneligamer.com [nonactive]

I have used Simple portal and a theme (driven by Mick. G)

The footer part of the theme has a black image which is absolutely blank..I want to add some links in that part(like facebook,twitter). How can i do it?
I have checked template.index.php. Previously i have used Html and CSS but not familiar with PHP.

Can someone help me out please ?

Thank you :)

P.S : I have attached a screenshot of the part i'm talking about, kindly visit my web to have a better view.

margarett

According to the board rules http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=5417.0
please state if this is a paid or free request
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

loneli

Irisado

It seems to me as though you're looking for replies to explain to you how you can make the change.  The Help Wanted board is for when you want someone to log into your forum to make the changes for you.

Moving to Graphics and Templates on that basis.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

loneli

loneli

Someone please help !
Atleast how to edit the Footer part ! :(

Grammy

In your theme's index.template.php file, in this block of code:

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footer_tile"></div>
<div id="footer">
           <div class="wrapper">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), ' | <strong>driven</strong> by Mick. G | <a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? ' | <a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a> | ' : '', '
<a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';

You should be able to insert text between the tags: <div id="footer_tile"></div>

You'd have to use a white (or light-colored) font for it to show up.    :)

This is the block in your index.css

#footer_tile {
background: #000000 url(../images/custom/header.png) 50% 0 repeat-x;
        width: 100%;
        height: 110px;
}

You can style your font, font-color, text-align, etc., there, as well.

I haven't tested it but since that area has an image as a background, you may have to use z-index for your text to show up.  (But you shouldn't have to....) 

Advertisement: