Hebrew Version =]

Started by DavidIL, October 28, 2005, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidIL

Greetings,
My Name is David and I'm one of the three SMFheb project admins.
I believe that they already posted a topic here about the subject.
Anyway... If they were rude or unrespectable then I'm sorry on the behalf of them.
The reason I have posted this topic is to explain a few things that I believe was miss understood.
I and my colleagues are translating the SMF system into Hebrew; we are not changing the system's version.
It will stay the same, SMFHeb 1.1, it will just be translated to Hebrew (all rights and all contents will be reserved).
As I understood you're disagree to make our project (smfheb.com) as official SMF site, and its ok by us.
We are not planning to change anything in the system except its language.
Certainly the rights will always belong to the SMF respective owners.
All we need is your agreement to make the Hebrew version available for download from our website.
In our website we'll also be offering a support for Hebrew users.
I'm sure that our combined goal is to make SMF better and more popular, and I'm sure this will be a huge step for the sake of this goal.

Hope for a positive answer...
David.

AzaToth

Quote from: DavidIL on October 28, 2005, 09:16:17 PM
Greetings,
My Name is David and I'm one of the three SMFheb project admins.
I believe that they already posted a topic here about the subject.
Anyway... If they were rude or unrespectable then I'm sorry on the behalf of them.
The reason I have posted this topic is to explain a few things that I believe was miss understood.
I and my colleagues are translating the SMF system into Hebrew; we are not changing the system's version.
It will stay the same, SMFHeb 1.1, it will just be translated to Hebrew (all rights and all contents will be reserved).
As I understood you're disagree to make our project (smfheb.com) as official SMF site, and its ok by us.
We are not planning to change anything in the system except its language.
Certainly the rights will always belong to the SMF respective owners.
All we need is your agreement to make the Hebrew version available for download from our website.
In our website we'll also be offering a support for Hebrew users.
I'm sure that our combined goal is to make SMF better and more popular, and I'm sure this will be a huge step for the sake of this goal.

Hope for a positive answer...
David.
Isn't a language pack enough? like for all other translations?

DavidIL

may someone from the superior staff reply to this topic?  :-[

Jerry

According to the license you cannot redistribute SMF.
Please read the license: http://www.simplemachines.org/about/license.php

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

forsakenlad

Jerry is right. Also you cannot edit the copyright statement at the bottom of the forum. Please read this page about translating SMF into other languages:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=7735.0
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Joseph

To concurr with the above statements, and to reiterate what was explained by email, unofficial sites are welcome. However, official sites are not, and we do not issue permission for distribution of modified SMF packages.

So, yes you can offer hebrey language packs, you can not offer an SMF package to download.

If the language can not be properly displayed in Hebrew do to problems in the source code, we'd actually much rather have your input and help in resolving that.

And don't worry - none of your team members were rude or offensive in the least.
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite
Co-Founder TribeHR, Lewis Media, SMF

Tomer

As I understand it, theme files need to modifyed for Hebrew to work properly with SMF.

I'm assuimg they got this idea from http://www.phpbbheb.com/, which do offer downloads.

- Tomer

Advertisement: