[FREE] Question about SEO

Started by GleamPlay.com, August 20, 2016, 08:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GleamPlay.com

My website google ranking suddenly rise dramatically in only a specific region.

My website's number of visitors suddenly increased by almost a triple.

However, when I look at my Google Analytics, I found out that 70% of my visitors are from a specific country. (Netherlands)
Upon figuring out why, I realized that certain term "splixio" in http://www.google.nl will result in my website appearing at 2nd to 4th place.

Then I tried the same term but in http://www.google.com, it's not as high.

My website is: gleamplay.com and it's a website with different web games.

What's more strange is that 3 days ago, there were almost 0 visitors from Netherland, but 2 days ago 200 visitors, 1 day ago 400 visitors, and today almost 1000 visitors.

I would like to ask:
1. What causes my website's ranking suddenly so high in http://www.google.nl? (I didn't really update my website much at that time)
2. Are there any possible ways I can do to try replicate this and boost my google ranking in other countries too?

3. I also tried searching the term "splix io" but my website doesn't appear in page 1 to 10!!! Is there anything I can do to make it like "splixio"?

Thanks a lot!
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

firemun

If you want to rank higher for a target keyword, then you need to start using the keyword more on your forums. Don't "stuff" the keyword, use it only when it makes sense and encourage members to discuss topics about the keyword while using the keyword as well...if that makes any sense at all?

In terms of one country using it over another, your result just might be all those searchers can find which makes it high for that country. It could also mean bot traffic which is likely. I rank high on my forums on some foreign search engines and I never really look to why since I mainly cater to regional-based targets.

But use your keyword often in your forum board titles, descriptions, headers, content, articles, etc. Also associate the keyword with your forum externally as well on social media, other forums, blogs, article directories and so on.

That should help set you up to start getting more attention on your forum using your preferred keywords. :)

I will say this, widely used keywords such as 'gaming' are going to be a lot harder to target for. It is obvious too, look at all the websites targeting that keyword. Forums are good for this though. We're trying to create communities so we tend to focus more on the gathering of members than we do on search engine marketing. Focus on developing a community of friends rather than beating all the competition in terms of SEO.

I hope my advice helps! :)

Phphelp

It can also be the "Google Dance" where it will rise because it's fresh content and then fall again and eventually settle.

KnownSyntax

Quote from: Phphelp on September 04, 2016, 08:35:10 PM
It can also be the "Google Dance" where it will rise because it's fresh content and then fall again and eventually settle.

This right here would more than likely be your answer. Because your website is so small, it finally got picked up by Google and with tons of fresh content it is getting boosted high in the search terms due to this. Give it time and you should see that the keyword gets re-ranked or will adjust according to time and how many of those views turn into actual members (and new content).

My words would be that you just trying and make the most of the traffic that you are getting now, maybe trying to install a various language on your board so that they can use it easier or something along those lines.

paulosebin

To make a site with multi language, I like to use Generic Country Code Top Level Domains (TLDs). But, the relevance is not shared with the domain. So, better is make a site whith only one domains and distribute the language in directory, using the comands:

HTML link element in header. In the HTML <head> section of hxxp:example.com/us [nonactive], add a link element pointing to the Spanish version of that webpage at hxxp:example.com/us-es [nonactive], like this:
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="es" href=" hxxp:example.com/us-es [nonactive]" />
HTTP header. If you publish non-HTML files (like PDFs), you can use an HTTP header to indicate a different language version of a URL:
Link: < hxxp:example.com/us-es [nonactive]>; rel="alternate"; hreflang="es"
Sitemap. Instead of using markup, you can submit language version information in a Sitemap.

Kindred

again... no.  Your statements MIGHT be partially true for static sites... however, that is not how SMF works (nor is it how most dynamic/scripted sites work)

Also, removed the link from your post AGAIN, since it was essentially pointless.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: