ACP - Attachments - File maint. Error

Started by Miker1029, August 22, 2016, 02:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miker1029

Ok, this is a new one, and something that is normally easy to fix, but I'm Lost ..

I Went to ACP - Attachments - File maint. and Get:

An Error Has Occurred!
Cannot access attachments upload path!

Everything else there works fine, I can browse the files, I can upload/download and view attachments in forum posts... I checked Permissions, re-set to 777 from 755 (Which 755 Should be fine), Checked repair_settings.php, everything seems to be fine except this one thing..

The attachment Directory is: /home/(USERNAME)/public_html/attachments

Anyone have an Idea on this?!?!?!

Thanks

Mike

BTW: I just migrated from a paid host to a VPS...  So I guess it could be a Configuration issue on the server.

Sir Osis of Liver

Oddly, just tried it on my clean test install, and had same problem.  If you had multiple attachment directories, and one of them no longer exists, you'll get that error.  Don't see any way to remove a directory path in Attachment Settings, so I fixed it by clearing attachmentUploadDir in smf_settings, then adding the correct database path in Attachment Settings.  Reset your directory paths to 755, some server configs will block 777 for security reasons.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Miker1029

For attachments no,  I do have Multiple (2) Avatar Directories for a MOD I have in, Could be one of those that broke "Something", I'll try your fix and report back.

Mike

Miker1029

Nope Didn't help...

Not sure what the issue is, I was curious and was going to go ahead and ADD a 2nd attachment dir to "See what Happens" and see screen shot what's there....  It just seems that, that ONE option isn't listening or is looking somewhere else in the Database for the information, I checked the source on the Page and All the Links to the Location are the Same, Including File Maintenance...

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Miker1029

Miker1029

attachmentUploadDir ...... /home/{USERNAME}/public_html/attachments

And to Clarify Above, The 2nd attachment dir is for pm_attachments and call pm in the dir, and is totally separate in the DB tables...

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Miker1029

PM Attachments 1.6, Been using it for years... I can try and Remove and see what happens, But as far as the Database goes it's entry is "pm_attachmentUploadDir", And has the PM directory...

Also Tried Doing the File Permissions to Standard...

Sir Osis of Liver

The mod settings are pretty much the same as core attachment settings, if pm_attachmentUploadDir is not correct, maintenance link throws the path error.  Only thing I can suggest is clear that field and re-enter the path.  Unlikely it's a server problem if everything else that uses the attachment paths works.

- R. Waters

Miker1029

LOL, I went in to change the pm and avatar dirs back to 755, since you mentioned that, and wasn't sure what the 2 pm attachments permission should be so I deleted them knowing they were mine...  Then went back to the forum and was redoing the Dir path and it said "Error 2 Files missing (repair link in red) so I clicked it and it removed them, and it's IN file maintenance!!  LOFL

Miker1029

Hmmmmmm, OK THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You figure it.... like me Grounding out an Electrical connection to get it to work....

Or having them 777 was throwing an the error, I'm ALMOST Curious enough to go back and see if that was it....

EDIT: Nope changed them ALL back to 777 and Cleared Cache, Still works...

Sir Osis of Liver

You can get into file maintenance without using the button, even though the button throws the error.  Happened to me on test forum when I first found the error.  Fixed file errors, but still had the problem until I removed the second directory path.  Apparently there is more than one way to cause this glitch.

- R. Waters

Miker1029

It's working through the menu now... And I never got the chance to change (or copy/paste) the new (SAME) dirs in.... Hit the Repair button, and then Tested it in the menu...

:o

Database Entry:
attachmentUploadDir /home/{USERNAME}/public_html/attachments

Miker1029

Could be there is Another location in the DB that stores the Info for that particular command, and clicking the Repair button, Put back the correct data from where ever it grabbed it from....

My Only Guess..

Advertisement: