News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing Mods Issue

Started by Ezaco, August 23, 2016, 08:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezaco

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this looks like as good a spot as any..

So I just recently moved everything from one webhost to another. Everything is running as it should (after we changed the directories). The only remaining issue I've found so far is that whenever I try to install a mod - any mod - it takes me to the member login page. If I log in, it takes me to the homepage. If I just click on the homepage instead of logging it, I'm still logged in.

Any ideas?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Ezaco

That's the first thing I did. Still having the issue.

Shambles

Ezaco

Placed it inside the forums directory, there was also apparently that same file in the Packages directory... still not working but my forums didn't crash either. So not sure if that's causing the issue or not. I'm going to hit the Help Chat on my new host real quick and report back.

Kindred

if your host had mod_security, it is unlikely that they will let you turn it off by htaccess....  you need to ask them directly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ezaco

Just got done. Mod_security is disabled. Issue is still there.

Kindred

you are certain that you have corrected all paths and urls after the move?

you are absolutely certain they have disables mod_security on the host side?

the only times we have seen this issue, it really has been a mod security issue...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ezaco

Well now I have a new guy telling me it's not possible to disable mod_security, but there are no rules blacklisted in it. Do they actually have to turn it off?

Kindred

yes.... because whatever rules they have are poorly configured and are screwing with your system
Слaва
Украинi

Ezaco

Well. Shucks.

Does this also preclude manually installing mods?

Kindred

no...  manually installing a mod means that you are manually editing the files and/or running the database insert script - so, it won't trigger whatever they have (mis)configured
Слaва
Украинi

Ezaco

Gotcha. Just gotta learn how to do that correctly then. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement: