News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need help.

Started by uamsameter, August 24, 2016, 08:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uamsameter

Hi there..

I must first explain that I have searched the board for help but I couldnt find.

I would like to edit/change the colours of smf default curve theme.
I only found a topic from 2012 suggesting "colorize it". However, colorize it website looks empty now.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

d3vcho

If you don't tell us what you want exactly to change, we won't provide you accurate help.

The best option for you is to use the option "Inspect Element" of your browser and see what you really want to change from CSS. Find the element, and go to your index.css of your theme and just change it according to your needs.

Regards.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

uamsameter

Pardon me if I'm stressing you guys. I really don't know how to inspect elements maybe cos I'm using a mobile device.

To make my y request clearer, this is why I want it: I was using the theme Redsy and I loved it. However, I discovered it displays poorly on some web browsers so I had to switch back to the default curve which pretty well solves my broser incompatibility worries.

Now, I hope to put Redsy's colour pattern on my curve theme. This will mean I have to change almost all the colours including the background.

I would appreciate if steps for changing each colour components can be posted here (codes to change and their directories).
I promise I'll do it all right. I learn fast.

Illori

you need to use a desktop browser to inspect the elements on the page.

Kindred

it's not nearly that simple.

And to develop a website, you need to work from a real computer with tools like firebug and developer.

Also, Curve is not quite so simple to change, because it uses images for many of the backgrounds - not pure CSS/colors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

uamsameter

I'll use my PC then. But with the new information that I may need to change background picture to another. I'll need more information, like the resolution of the picture and it's directory.

Guys, I'm just a semi-newbie seeking help. I'll appreciate if someone can spare time to really help me with steps to follow.
Thanks

d3vcho

Alright, check this then:

Creating Themes

Regards
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Illori

Quote from: uamsameter on August 24, 2016, 09:26:40 AM
I'll use my PC then. But with the new information that I may need to change background picture to another. I'll need more information, like the resolution of the picture and it's directory.
when you inspect the elements it will tell you what is where.

uamsameter

Thanks a lot for your responses.  I checked the link sent by d3vcho, i think I have my answer in there.

However, I saw a post on why Default theme variants and clones are not accepted on this side.  The reason stated was that colorize it does the job.
Colorize it stopped working. So, maybe that rule should be reviewed to save someone the stress

Illori

i dont think it will be reverted, we want themes that are different not all identical on the theme site.

uamsameter

Okay then.
Thanks for the help.

Advertisement: