private board

Started by aliabbas123, August 24, 2016, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliabbas123

hi i am new here i didnt find any other perfect place for posting this so i posted here i am here to ask how i can make a private board in smf i which users can see only there own topic no other user can see another user topic only admins/mods can watch all topics

Illori

uamsameter

Hi there.
I'm sure one of the heroes will come through for you.

But what is the aim of wanting to create a topic for only the op? If others cant see a topic, it means nobody can reply, it means the topic creator will post and reply himself. #justwondering.
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

d3vcho

He/She will have his/her reasons to do that according to his/her forum needs.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

aliabbas123

Quote from: uamsameter on August 24, 2016, 04:44:41 PM
Hi there.
I'm sure one of the heroes will come through for you.

But what is the aim of wanting to create a topic for only the op? If others cant see a topic, it means nobody can reply, it means the topic creator will post and reply himself. #justwondering.
admins/mod will reply no need of users to apply on that topic

Illori

in SMF by default there really is no good way to keep others from seeing the topics others have created in the board, the help desk is really the best way to do what you want.

Steve

Quote from: d3vcho on August 24, 2016, 04:46:47 PMHe/She will have his/her reasons to do that according to his/her forum needs.

That doesn't necessarily mean the question uamsameter asked shouldn't be asked. I learned long ago the support team has a responsibility to not provide assistance in some cases and/or understanding the 'why' can lead to suggestions for solution that might not have been thought of otherwise.
DO NOT pm me for support!

uamsameter

Quote from: Steve on August 25, 2016, 08:28:43 AM
Quote from: d3vcho on August 24, 2016, 04:46:47 PMHe/She will have his/her reasons to do that according to his/her forum needs.

That doesn't necessarily mean the question uamsameter asked shouldn't be asked. I learned long ago the support team has a responsibility to not provide assistance in some cases and/or understanding the 'why' can lead to suggestions for solution that might not have been thought of otherwise.

SMF needs to add a "like" button.

Illori

Quote from: uamsameter on August 25, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
Quote from: Steve on August 25, 2016, 08:28:43 AM

SMF needs to add a "like" button.

it is in SMF 2.1.

uamsameter

Beautiful!
We can't wait for it to get out of beta!

2.0.11 is my first and only version (I'm new).
Will upgrading have a negative impact on mods and other customizations??

Illori

all mods would need to be updated and reinstalled.

Siirist

Quote from: uamsameter on August 25, 2016, 11:31:10 AM
Beautiful!
We can't wait for it to get out of beta!

2.0.11 is my first and only version (I'm new).
Will upgrading have a negative impact on mods and other customizations??

There a couple of mods that are compatible with SMF ver 2.0.x

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3474

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708

Remember to ALWAYS BACK-UP BEFORE installing Mods
OR un-installing Mods.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: