Need help on smf fonts

Started by uamsameter, August 27, 2016, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uamsameter

Hi there,
I am new to smf and I'm still trying to come up with a perfect forum look for my target community.
After running from one "responsive" theme to another, I realised that only the default curve theme will keep all my prospective members happy.

However,  I'm having issues with the font size of the curve theme when in landscape mode of mobile devices and when displaying on phones with small screen resolutions.
Some fonts appear too large, especially when reading post replies.

How can I get the font size down to look more beautiful.

Thanks in anticipation.
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Illori

try installing the responsive curve mod and see if that helps.

uamsameter

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.  The responsive curve mod happens to have solved the font size issues on mobile devices with bigger resolutions. But I have some concerns with its appearance on devices with smaller resolution.
These concerns are listed below (numbers of complain matches the number on attached screenshots):

1.  The menu tabs were replaced by icons as shown in the attached picture labelled 1. My concern is that many users will find it hard to understand what each stand for. I'll really love to either replace them with the written menu tabs or have a name written beside the icons.

2. The "Author" and "Topic" on the top of replies seem to be too large that the topic wont show. I'd love to have the topic show and the authors name too.

3. The details of each user replying is taking too much space,  is it possible to reduce it to just the author's name and time of posting only??

Please note that the problem was solved totally on large resolution devices. Issues are only with small resolution?

Thanks a lot.

uamsameter

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.  The responsive curve mod happens to have solved the font size issues on mobile devices with bigger resolutions. But I have some concerns with its appearance on devices with smaller resolution.
These concerns are listed below (numbers of complain matches the number on attached screenshots):

1.  The menu tabs were replaced by icons as shown in the attached picture labelled 1. My concern is that many users will find it hard to understand what each stand for. I'll really love to either replace them with the written menu tabs or have a name written beside the icons.

2. The "Author" and "Topic" on the top of replies seem to be too large that the topic wont show. I'd love to have the topic show and the authors name too.

3. The details of each user replying is taking too much space,  is it possible to reduce it to just the author's name and time of posting only??

Please note that the problem was solved totally on large resolution devices. Issues are only with small resolution?

Thanks a lot.

Illori

for those questions you should post in the mods support topic.

Advertisement: