News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Any way to lock a Board?

Started by Aye Aye, August 27, 2016, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aye Aye

Greetings:

I am trying to use an empty head board (primary or parent board) in various categories. Topics are created in various child boards under a broad category.

Problem is that members pop into such parent boards and post topics there. Is there a way I can limit the members' ability to create topics in such boards.

d3vcho

Maybe the best option is to set the permission of that forum to "read only".

To do that, go to Admin > Members > Permissions > Board Permissions and click the "Edit All" button. Now, switch to the "Read Only" option of the boards to want and save the changes.

Regards.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Aye Aye

Thank you for the advice. Will do and report back the results.

Siirist

Hey there Aye Aye,

Personally, I would go to Admin Control Panel (APC) > Boards > Modify Boards > Board Permissions and

click the "Modify" button to the right of the board that you want to set as "Read Only".

Now, look for Permission Profile: and switch from "Default" to "Read Only" and

go to the bottom of the page and save the changes.

That way you can try it on one instead of ALL.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

That layout is going to annoy users, just FYI...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: