News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cant Install Theme

Started by gideonel, August 27, 2016, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gideonel

hello, i created a new smf forum, when i want to change the theme, once i click on the "Theme and Layout" option in my admin it refuses to show me options to upload my downloaded theme.

The options for me to upload my theme frm my admin setion has refuse to show, pls what do i do?

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Manage and Install -> Install a New Theme -> From a file

It's at bottom of page.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

gideonel

sorry its not. i have scrolled down the page, after clicking on "theme layout" but the options for me to uploaded my downloaded theme is not there.

Pls i need your assistance on this

Regards

Sir Osis of Liver

PM admin access and I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

gideonel

I dint get it, i should PM which admin access pls?

Sir Osis of Liver

I need a username/password that gives me admin access to your forum, so I can see what you're seeing.

And a link, of course.

- R. Waters

gideonel

ok i just PM you

Thanks as i await ur response ASAP

gideonel

hello forum, pls has anyone also experience this issue? I need to change my forum theme, i had already downloaded the theme, but when i go to my admin area and click on "Themes Layout", i am not given options to upload my theme!

Do you hv a clue of this problem? or could there be other ways of doing this?

Thank you!

Illori

who is your host? how did you install your forum? link to your forum?

gideonel

Quote from: Illori on August 28, 2016, 09:05:45 AM
who is your host? how did you install your forum? link to your forum?

Could my host got anything to do with this? All the same my host is registeram.com.ng [nofollow]

Illori

can you answer all the questions i asked?

gideonel

Ok my host is registeram.com.ng [nofollow], i installed my forum by running the SMF script via my cpanel

Illori

then try this http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

we really dont recommend using one of those scripted installers as we dont know if they have modified any of the files.

gideonel

Quote from: Illori on August 28, 2016, 01:12:19 PM
then try this http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

we really dont recommend using one of those scripted installers as we dont know if they have modified any of the files.

Well, the procedures in the link seems a bit cumbersome as am not a web techie. By the way do you recomend a fresh installation of smf from simplemachines.org directly?

Illori

this will start you over with fresh files and keep your existing database. if you install fresh then you will loose anything you have already in your forum.

gideonel

Quote from: Illori on August 28, 2016, 04:55:41 PM
this will start you over with fresh files and keep your existing database. if you install fresh then you will loose anything you have already in your forum.

I dont have an issue doing a fresh install, its just a new forum.

But however, i just downloaded an smf from the simplemachines.org site, i unzipped the zipped file, but i cant find an installation file in the folder. How do i install the downloaded smf pls?

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like your host is preventing you from installing themes.  All other admin links work fine, but Themes and Layout is being redirected to main index.  The action link is correct, it's being redirected externally.  Check with your host.

- R. Waters

Illori

maybe mod_security has to be disabled?

gideonel

@Sir Osis, what where you able to click on the "Themes Layout" link when u logged in? what then do you think is the solutions?

@Illori, is that question for me pls?

Advertisement: