News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Cant Install Theme

Started by gideonel, August 27, 2016, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Sir Osis of Liver

Themes and Layout is in the admin Configuration menu.  That link, and links in it's submenu, all redirect to main index.  Everything else works.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

gideonel

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 30, 2016, 12:15:33 AM
Themes and Layout is in the admin Configuration menu.  That link, and links in it's submenu, all redirect to main index.  Everything else works.

Am not getting ur language pls. i ask, after you login into my admin section, when you clicked on "Theme Layout", were you able to see a link to upload a new theme?

Kindred

he sees the link -- but it is broken because your host has mis-configured mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

gideonel

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 31, 2016, 12:28:27 PM

I cant realy get your language correctly pls. What do you suggest is the solution to this challenge? Also can you assist upload the theme for me? I trusted and gave you my admin login details, pls can you assist me load a new theme?

Thanks in anticipation

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on August 30, 2016, 07:10:37 PM
he sees the link -- but it is broken because your host has mis-configured mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Illori on August 29, 2016, 05:10:39 AM
maybe mod_security has to be disabled?

ask your host to look into that. until that is taken care of or you find a new host you cant install a new theme.

gideonel

My forum theme has been an issue changing it. When i navigate to my admin area, click on "Themes Layout", i am supose to see a place to click and select a downloaded theme frm my desktop and attach, but i nothing like that. Pls i realy need to change my default theme. Pls how did u change yours? Has anyone encounterd this kind of challenge, how did you resolve it?

Shambles

Don't you have a "Manage and Install > Install new theme" menu item when you're in "Themes and Layout" ?

Illori

if that page is not loading for you, ask your host to disable mod_security and see if that helps.

Kindred

ummm.... Sir Osis of Liver confirmed here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548264 that your theme install page is PRESENT, but it's not accessible - probably becuse of misconfiguration issues on your host's side.

We've already told you, several times, what you need to do (talk to your host, get the to disable mod_security)

Please do not open multiple topics regarding the same issue.  (merged)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: