News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can i Achieve this type of forum Layout with SMF?

Started by gideonel, August 27, 2016, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gideonel

I'd like to model my forum as this one: www.nairaland.com [nofollow], pls is this possible with SMF? As you can see, in that forum, the topics are displayed in the home/frontpage.

If yes how do i go about it?

Thank you SMF!

Illori

gideonel

Quote from: Illori on August 27, 2016, 07:32:33 PM
why do you want to do that?

Because i like it so. Or is the site www.nairaland.com [nofollow] not made with smf? Pls enlighten me.

Thank you SMF!

Shambles

Try entering nairaland into the search box - plenty of previous discussions on the theme requirement.

Also, you'll find plenty of opinions about the presentation itself.

gideonel

Illori

gideonel

Quote from: Illori on August 28, 2016, 06:04:33 AM
that site no longer uses SMF.

how do u mean? oh come on i was told the site runs on smf. So which platform is it on now?

Illori

i believe last i heard it was something custom. so it is not available to anyone else.

now why do you think you need to look like them or act like them?

gideonel

Well, not necessarily look like her, but just to model her, then maybe change the color and few other stuffs

Steve

As Shambles said, there have been other discussions on this topic, for example:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.msg3887737#msg3887737

When one wants to ask a support question one really should do a search first. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Btw, most of us consider that site to be horrible, terrible, really bad layout... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: