News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Color bar header

Started by ManuNice, August 28, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManuNice

I wanned to know how to change the colors of the title bars the background and the navigation menu?

d3vcho

Attaching an image would be better in order to helping us providing you an accurate answer.

Anyway, if you want to have a try, you can use the "Inspect Element" option of your browser (right click on the section you want to change), and see which element should you edit in the .css file.

Regards.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Irisado

Please specify which version of SMF you are using :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Dhayzon

Kindred

Except, the curve theme uses images for most header bars
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grammy

In Curve, the images that are used are found in Themes/default/images/theme.  It's probably the main_block.png.  You'd have to open it in Photoshop, Gimp, etc., and use the selector tool to isolate the particular bar in main_block.png that you want to color and then change it.  (At least, that's how I do it, although I usually tint all the theme images with the hue/saturation tool.)   

There's a chance that isolating and re-coloring a portion of the main_block.png could also affect other areas of your forum, so you'd want to try it on a test forum, first.  If you mess it up, you can always upload the original images from the SMF zip.  :)

Advertisement: