News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Free] Need help making a mod and theme work with SMF 2.0.7

Started by dolliebaby77, August 28, 2016, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dolliebaby77

I am looking to get the Sub Account mod working as well as a theme work as well. Can anyone help me??

d3vcho

Can you please be more specific? Which mod is it? Which theme is it?

Also, we do not recommend being actually in 2.0.7, you should upgrade to 2.0.11 to keep the security of your forum.

Regards.

EDIT: I see your other post in the support topic of the Mod. You can install normally a Mod that doesn't works with you current SMF version. Have a look at this: How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

dolliebaby77

tried to download the latestest smf and it wont upload, I unzip it and then go to upload it to my site and its nothing but file folders etc. And I am trung to get a Sub account mod working as I said before I think its 1.0 or something will look at that link you sent, but I dont see any probs with the 2.0.7 since I cannot get the 11 one to work at all. all of this is way way to frustrating all I want is a simple site and SMF is anything but simple.

Kindred

upgrade first.

Use the package manager, download and install the patches just like any other mod.

and just because YOU do not see any problems, doe snot mean you don't need to update.
There were security and functional updates in the 4 releases that you are currently missing.

as for SMF being simple...   you do actually have to read the instructions...   Applying a mod and a patch to update *IS* simple...
mind you, when you try to use a mod that has not been updated in 5+ years, you may need to do a little extra (hence the instructions which you have already been linked to, twice)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dolliebaby77

okay I clicked on the link for the patch first in the package manager and it went to an error page. and ill read the instructions asap to see how to fixthe sub account mod asap.

dolliebaby77

and i tried the fix for the mod and it didnt work either. but i likely will need to upgrade the site first though just need to have the time to do it and read everything just no time to do it lol. thats why I had asked for help.

Kindred

"an error page" is less than helpful...

What was the SPECIFIC error?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dolliebaby77

Quote from: Kindred on August 29, 2016, 02:00:06 PM
"an error page" is less than helpful...

What was the SPECIFIC error?

sorry was in a rush and had a miraine eariler still do... okay I click on the link that says I need to upgrade with thepatch to 2.0.7 first and I get this page:

http://dcadultrpg.us/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=download;get;package=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_2.0.8.zip;b22e673d5d01=f9aae8f3a5e9295e327f49a78fa46cab [nofollow]

okay it says 403: Forbidden. this page cannot be displayed. when I click on the link to do the patch.

dolliebaby77

okay i go to download the 2.0.11 package and I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

dolliebaby77

The theme I would like to use is called Chocolate Curvaceous

Sir Osis of Liver

You can't install a theme with package manager.  Go to Admin -> Themes and Layout.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

dolliebaby77

I know right now it doesnt work with my current package which is 2.0.7and I cannot figure out how to upgrade to 2.0.11

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can pm admin access, I'll have a look.  It should work with 2.0.7.

- R. Waters

Kindred

You have to go from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 and then to 2.0.9 and 2.0.10 and finally to 2.0.11

You can't go directly from 2.0.7 to 2.0.11 without overwriting all files and having to reinstall your mods
Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, the good news is, the theme installed fine.  Bad news is, package manager gets a 403 error when trying to update from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, looks like hostgator is blocking it.  Tried uploading the update zip, but that doesn't work either.  Would need ftp access to do any more.  Since you're running a clean install, would be easier just to upload the 2.0.11 large upgrade package.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 30, 2016, 12:32:34 AM
Ok, the good news is, the theme installed fine.  Bad news is, package manager gets a 403 error when trying to update from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, looks like hostgator is blocking it.  Tried uploading the update zip, but that doesn't work either.  Would need ftp access to do any more.  Since you're running a clean install, would be easier just to upload the 2.0.11 large upgrade package.

Hostgator will almost certainly be running mod security on that server, unless you ask them to turn it off. I've had to do that many times with them.  That said the method of downloading the patch and installing usually worked for me in the past when mod security was on, so not sure why it wouldn't for you. Worth the OP sending them a ticket to make sure.

Illori

you can always download the packages from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ and upload each like a mod and install them.

i dont know what update zip you were uploading though.

dolliebaby77

Thanks or helping with the theme, I tried to do the large package zip and got this:

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Illori

you cant upload the large upgrade package to the package manager.

dolliebaby77

Advertisement: