News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Does anyone here know anything about iptables ?

Started by MoreBloodWine, August 29, 2016, 03:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.0.15 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT

/usr/sbin/iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d 192.168.1.2 --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

Yes the above are technically the same code with diff layouts which may be dependent upon the specific two guides I found that are supposed to give the same end result from what little I've gathered. Anyway, I know it's possible but none of the guides covered it.

How does the "code" need to be modified to cover more than one port and port ranges ? What few hints I found suggested something like -sport or something like that. I lost the page.

ex. 23,56,73,4500:4523,83,91

Without modified code that means 6+ lines of code are needed to cover all the ports.

Ty.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

I since found something about mport / multiport and found that they're kinda the same or that's what I gleaned from what I found and that there's a limitation of 15 ports with ranges (1:100) only counting as two.

But I didn't quite get how my existing lines, depending on the guide I decide to follow, should be modified to adhere 100% to how iptables should work with placement of new code being added to those lines.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Advertisement: