Redirect board into a pop up?

Started by BiGBLiZZ, August 29, 2016, 06:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGBLiZZ

Over 10 years using SMF and I finally utilize the redirect baord setting. I have a link to another site (its a calendar) for my members to subscribe to. I am just wondering, is there a way to make the redirect just open a pop up window instead of a new tab, window, or same page?

I was able to get it to a new window, same window (which I do not want) and a new tab, but the original api is for an iframe that just pops up over the current page. I was hoping for a similar situation with the redirect, since this is just an "click, open link, subscribe to calendar, close window" thing and not a long-term-leave-my-site thing.

I am using 2.0.11 currently with just a few mods. although I don't think that will affect anything.

Thanks.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kindred

pop-ups, over-all, are considered bad, these days -- actually most folks have a pop-up blocker installed which would prevent your link form ever working for them.

to answer your actual question, however... no - opening in a pop-up is not an option in SMF... and changing that would require some coding (definitely in the template, probably some javascript as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: