Moderators cant see the button for moderation report section on top right/left

Started by PLAYBOY, August 30, 2016, 10:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

I can see the section right under the "new replies" and "new posts" it says "you have 2 reports in moderation area"
my moderators used to see that section as well but they cant now. How can I bring it back?

It used to be right in the yellow highlighted area

Kindred

is moderation turned on?

If so, then put back whatever code your removed - since, in the default theme, the only thing that would remove that would be turning off moderation or removing the code that displays it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PLAYBOY

I haven`t changed anything in the codes recently. Where is the moderation turn on/off ?

Illori

core features. also make sure they have permission to view the moderation center.

PLAYBOY

I couldn`t find how to turn on/off the moderation

I see "Moderation, Administration and User Logs" and "Post Moderation" there. Can you tell me the exact part?
They already have the permission to view the moderation center. But it`s just the button the doesnt show under the new replies part. They can even see the moderation button within the main tabs

Kindred

in that case, at some point, you must have removed the code that generates the notifications in the header...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

if you see it, but the moderators do not, then you probably added some conditional code into the wrong place in the header section which is limiting the view to admins only

Although...  they have to be global mods...  normal board-mods are ONLY moderators when they are inside their moderated board.
Слaва
Украинi

PLAYBOY

I did not add any special code within any file recently.
My global mods cant see the button in the header. But again they can see the button in the tabs. I dont think they get notifications either.

Dav999

There is no "moderation" setting in core features controlling moderator reports in any way. And that alleged option also isn't the only way to hide that label.

@PLAYBOY, check the permissions for the moderator group, one of the moderation-related ones (I think it's "Moderate board") is probably disabled if all of your moderators are experiencing this. If only one moderator is experiencing it and the others aren't, then ask that moderator if they haven't accidentally disabled "Show open report count in forum header" in Moderate > Preferences > Change Settings.

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Dav999 on August 31, 2016, 09:02:18 AM
There is no "moderation" setting in core features controlling moderator reports in any way. And that alleged option also isn't the only way to hide that label.

@PLAYBOY, check the permissions for the moderator group, one of the moderation-related ones (I think it's "Moderate board") is probably disabled if all of your moderators are experiencing this. If only one moderator is experiencing it and the others aren't, then ask that moderator if they haven't accidentally disabled "Show open report count in forum header" in Moderate > Preferences > Change Settings.

Hey, thank you very much man. I got it solved.

Kindred

and, for posterity and anyone who searches this topic in the future --  what was the issue?
Слaва
Украинi

PLAYBOY

The arrow on top right was folding the entire part up and preventing them to see the button but even after that I had another problem which this solution solved it

"one of the moderation-related ones (I think it's "Moderate board") is probably disabled if all of your moderators are experiencing this. If only one moderator is experiencing it and the others aren't, then ask that moderator if they haven't accidentally disabled "Show open report count in forum header" in Moderate > Preferences > Change Settings."

Advertisement: