News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moving from E107 V2.0.11

Started by MattConlon, August 30, 2016, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattConlon

I'm interested in talking with someone willing to help me out moving from the latest version of E107, which they retooled to use Bootstrap (whatever that means! :D ) to SMF. I really only care about the users, the forums, and the messaging systems. Please let me know if this is something you can help me out with!

Antes

Hello,

What type of problems you are facing with our current converter ? or you don't have knowledge about the process and want paid help about it?

ps; I fixed the title, currently we don't have smf 2.1.1 :)

MattConlon

Sorry bout that...

When I run the converter, all I got was an SQL error Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'

And Yeah, I don't really have that much knowledge. Honestly, there's a lot of great features in E107, but the reality is, I don't use anything but the forums at this point. I think I'd be better served with a product that is specifically forum focused.

I did the upgrade to v2.0.11 and have been wrestling with the themes for a while. At one point I was looking alright, but I couldn't get the chatbox to come up on the forum... then I did... Then it was gone, and now it seems like both the basic_lite and the Bootstrap theme have the same forum shape... I can't add any menus, try as I might, and I seem to have lost the admin nav bar.

Further, the new / old forum icons seem to have disappeared when I go back to my old v1x theme. They're where they are supposed to be in the directory, but they do not display.

I honestly don't do any of this sort of web/code stuff frequently enough to be able to figure it out on my own, and honestly... I don't want to. I think I probably jumped the gun upgrading to V.2, it's possible that as time goes on there will be more features that make it more friendly to a goon like me who just wants to fumble his way through the admin stuff in short order and focus on the actual user-created forum content...

Illori

Quote from: MattConlon on August 30, 2016, 12:28:00 PM
Further, the new / old forum icons seem to have disappeared when I go back to my old v1x theme. They're where they are supposed to be in the directory, but they do not display.

you cant use a SMF 1.1.* theme on a SMF 2.0 install.

MattConlon

I meant that the icons went away when I upgrade from e107 1.0.44 to e107 v.2.0.11. I'm not talking about SMF at all.

Antes

Quote from: MattConlon on August 30, 2016, 01:38:42 PM
I meant that the icons went away when I upgrade from e107 1.0.44 to e107 v.2.0.11. I'm not talking about SMF at all.

That's normal as well... Seems e107 v2 changed a lot so same logic applies, you cannot use e107 v1 themes/outfit in e107 v2. If you have v1 db you try to convert that as well btw. Try attached files.

Advertisement: