News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Changing order of topic with the same board?

Started by Arewen2016, August 30, 2016, 03:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arewen2016

I have been using SMF for over a week now and find it fairly easy to use.  Any problems have been of my own making.  I am hoping:
1. This is the correct forum for latest version of SMF queries'
2. Someone can help me out with the following
3. Which is the best mod for spell check such as on this site

Is there a way of ordering topics within a board? Example
I have made the first one sticky.
But I need to swap the third post into second place but have no idea how to do this.
Also where and how do I get social media items like yours?
Thank you in advance

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).  Please could you state which version of the software you are actually using, as 'latest' is ambiguous.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Arewen2016

sorry for missing that out.  I am using version SMF 2.0.11.  Also sorry for originally posting in wrong board

Kindred

in short -- no... there is no good way to move posts around within a thread.

There is a mod which lets you force the order of the sticky THREADS on the message index page...

the social media icons were added directly into index.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arewen2016

ok thanks for replying to my queries.  I did see the sticky message mod but its a quite a few years old and dont want to mess up my forum.
Again many thx

Siirist

Quote from: Arewen2016 on August 31, 2016, 05:27:14 AM
I did see the sticky message mod but its a quite a few years old and dont want to mess up my forum.

I looked at this mod and it is compatible with SMF ver. 2.0.11. It has very few edits to install.

More important than age of a mod is its listed compatibility. If it is compatible with SMF ver. 2.x (x=any number) it is likely compatible. You can go to the area below the download link and select the version of SMF you are using and then click on "Parse". A new page will load, and if it is NOT compatible, when you scroll down the page, it will give you a large warning in red-ish/pink

Always, always, always back-up before making any changes to a forum! That way if oddly something goes wrong, you will have something to fall back to.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

please note... 2.x is incorrect...   most mods for 2.0.x will work on any other 2.0.x version -- they will probably NOT work on 2.1, when it gets released
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arewen2016

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.  I was using a board to write about an area of manchester from saxon to medieval times.  Each topic is to cover a different era.  Thanks to you i have downloaded mod, and it works a treat .  My posts are now in the correct time order rather than the order of posting.
Many thx for your help.

Kindred

For future reference and to avoid confusion, please do note the terminology...

a THREAD is what is seen on the message index. This can be sorted by that mod and/or made sticky/locked

a POST is a single message within a thread...  you can not easily change the order of posts within a thread.

:D
Слaва
Украинi

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2016, 11:00:20 AM
please note... 2.x is incorrect...   most mods for 2.0.x will work on any other 2.0.x version -- they will probably NOT work on 2.1, when it gets released

Sorry Kindred.   :-[

I'll just keep quite as it is better for the OP to get no information than bad information.

Sincerely,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: