News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Moving from vBulletin 3.8.4 with some specialities

Started by SMiFFER, August 31, 2016, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Hello dear SMF-friends,

I am now moving AN AREA out of a still-running VB-forum. AN AREA in the sense that I do NOT have access to the database, but I can still access THAT AREA running on VB by using direct-links to the threads.

This brings me to the problem that the converters offered that I found so far do not help me. Instead, I am searching for a solution HOW TO CONVERT SINGLE THREADS from VB to SMF.

Can you help me in this matter?

P.S.: Tghe verification letters for creating this post are almost unreadable. That could be way better.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SMiFFER

240 views and 14 days, i.e. 2 weeks later

Not one reply? Not one reaction?

I did not think that my question was going to be regarded as so stupid.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

Quote from: SMiFFER on September 13, 2016, 02:05:38 AM
I did not think that my question was going to be regarded as so stupid.

we dont regard your question as stupid, we just are waiting for the person/people that know about converting to reply and there are very few of those.

radu81

I don't want to be rude, but how do you plan to import a forum if you don't have access to database?
sorry for my bad english

margarett

Short answer is: you can't convert without access to the database.

nneonneo developer a crawl converter some time ago
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=188741.0
But it doesn't include vB.

I would suggest that, without access to the database, it's highly unlikely that you can convert to SMF or any other platform... :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: