Need help with SMF and MKPortal (Deprecated errors)

Started by lorrie, September 01, 2016, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrie

Hello I am having issues with my forum as of today, not sure what changed as I have done nothing to my site at all I am getting errors....

At the top of my site I get the following...

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/raivensn/public_html/dragonmaw.net/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 48

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/raivensn/public_html/dragonmaw.net/mkportal/include/functions.php on line 1473

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/raivensn/public_html/dragonmaw.net/mkportal/include/functions.php on line 1473

Please check it out at www.dragonmaw.net

The issue seems to lay with MKPortal?  Is there a way I can fix these errors or should I  remove MKPortal? If so how do I do that without damaging my SMF Forums. I would hate to lose anything.

Lorrie

Using SMF 2.0.11

Illori

mkportal and SMF 1.1 do not support the latest versions of php. you will now be required to upgrade to SMF 2.0 and find a replacement portal.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534915.0

lorrie

Why would these errors pop up just today, everything was working fine yesterday? Did something change today? Maybe my host provider changed something?

Is there a tutorial to upgrade to the current SMF without losing any data? Also how does one uninstall MKPortaL? I'm just so worried about losing all the data on my SMF boards.
Using SMF 2.0.11

vbgamer45

Your host probably upgraded the php version
You can hide those php errors if you tweak the php.ini error display settings
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lorrie

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 01, 2016, 11:57:13 PM
Your host probably upgraded the php version
You can hide those php errors if you tweak the php.ini error display settings

I am not very versed in php actually, not sure what I would tweak...
Using SMF 2.0.11

Kindred

Upgrading does not destroy any data.

See the topic in the wiki for instructions on how to upgrade

Hiding the errors is just delaying the issue. 1.1.x is at the end of its life and will soon no longer receive support at all
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lorrie

I took the plunge and upgraded using the auto updater in the cpanel of my host provider's "softaculous". I must say it was entirely painless!
The upgrade went flawlessly and the only thing I lost was MKPortal which I wanted to ditch anyway.

I will look into mods and maybe tiny portal to customize it more, but for now I'm just happy I lost nothing important.

If I delete the MKPortal Folder and it's stuff it won't upset anything?
Using SMF 2.0.11

Kindred

Well, that is not our recommended way to do it....  But I am glad to worked for you.

Yes, you should be able to remove the mkportal folder
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lorrie

Using SMF 2.0.11

Advertisement: