SMF wont load?

Started by KEA, September 03, 2016, 12:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEA

Major issue that server folks dont seem to know the fix for?

When I load our page www.sawmillandtimberforum.com, nothing happens. 

I cant even figure out what version of SMF we have but I know its several years old. 

The server folks sent me this message on the matter.

Hello Mr. Allen,

I'm not sure that we can fix this.  SMF is trying to use more memory that we allow.  More than likely it's an error/issue within SMF.  The exact error is:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 175784 bytes) in  home/kallen/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3340

Any suggestions as to what we can do to get our site back up?

Thanks
Kirk

vbgamer45

attach your sources/subs.php file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KEA

Where do I find that info? 

vbgamer45

It would be in ftp or your filemanager at this path /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

KEA

This morning I got this message from the Server. 

ANY help to get this working again is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

The actual line of code that is failing is this:

if (!empty($modSettings['registration_method']) && $modSettings['registration_method'] == 1)
            $txt['welcome_guest'] .= $txt['welcome_guest_activate'];

Because this is a memory issue, that line might not actually be causing the issue, it simply pushed the script over the limit.

You can access all the files for your site via FTP.  They are all located under the public_html folder.

SMF version 1.x is very old and unsupported.  It is going to be very difficult to keep that version running.

Thank you,

vbgamer45

Yeah that is the case. It looks like might require line by line debugging.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

Any idea who can possibly help me with that?  I'm an old fart that runs a sawmill and have had this forum up for years and know little about how to debug let alone know what to debug.

vbgamer45

I can try would require an ftp account to try to make changes line by line to see where it gets stuck.
Did you install any mods recently?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

I have not installed any mods in years.  The ONLY thing that changed was the server upgrade last week.  They are defaulting to SMF even though I have done NOTHING to change anything.

KEA

vbgamer45

Ok hmm. Will check it out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

Latest reply from server -

Hello Kirk,

Yes, I am aware of the migration.  The two servers are setup as close as is technically possible.  The old server was running PHP 5.3.29 and your account is set to run PHP 5.3.29.  The old server had a memory limit of 64 MB and the new server is set to 128 MB (double).

The version of SMF that you are running is at least 4 years old and is no longer supported.  That makes debugging this issue very difficult.  We have been digging into what is causing it to use all the memory allowed on your account, but have not found a solution.

Thank you,

Frank

KEA

Any help on upgrading to a new version would be appreciated.  Oh how I wish I had a 10 year old in the house again :) 

d3vcho

Hello!

You should have a look at this: Upgrading SMF. And yes, you should consider upgrading to 2.0.x (the latest version if possible). Better support, better security...

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

vbgamer45

Got it mostly up. You should upgrade. I had to disable parts of ad management mod to get it running.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KEA

Thank you so MUCH! 

How hard is it to upgrade? 

KEA

OK, managed to upgrade to SMF 1.1.21 pretty easily. 

It does not show me any other version to upgrade to but I thought there was a version 2.0 or higher? 

KEA

How do I update a database version?
This is the error message I am getting on the Packages page

Out of range value for column 'HITS' at row 1
File: /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 283

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.21, while your database is at version 1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

vbgamer45

i will fix that when i come back

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: