Menu displaced for one user

Started by skb, September 07, 2016, 06:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

The forum theme is set to Curve, but member have a choice to opt for Blue Piece.
With this theme, one of my test member ID has a peculiar problem. The main_menu shifts slightly up & out of the background layer meant for the Menu. Attached img01 is what is experienced and img02 is the normal.

Why should this happen with just one user ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Gary

Could be a browser issue, or it could be due to the number of links pushing the buttons down.

What browsers are you and your test user using, and can you also attach your theme's index.css file and index.template.php file.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

skb

Same browser (chrome) and same PC yet this happens for only the one user.
Attaching the files you asked, though why they would behave differently for one user, beats me. 

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Sir Osis of Liver

It's displayed differently because menu bar length is different for the two users.  Have you edited the template or css, or is it Blue Piece out-of-box?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Gary

Yeah, if it's happening on the same browser and on the same machine then it'd be down to the fact that in the latter case there's more links available which is being wrapped onto a new line, but it's wrapping the entire bar instead of the specific links that don't fit.

Fiddling around with the #main_menu ID in your CSS file may net what you want.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Sir Osis of Liver

Can't find the theme here, and Crip's website has been stripped down, don't see the d/l section.  Where did you get it?

- R. Waters

skb

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 07, 2016, 12:49:30 PM
Can't find the theme here, and Crip's website has been stripped down, don't see the d/l section.  Where did you get it?

There is a whole section of Crip's themes on the TinyPortal site. The link is also given in my footer credits http://www.jpr62.com/theme/

Yes there are some edits that I have made in the index & the index.template but why they should pick one user to misbehave really stumps me. I'll look into the files & suggestions given & revert.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Sir Osis of Liver

Already had that theme (too much stuff :P).  Out-of-box, the menu is displayed below the dark blue stripe.  Are you trying to move it up over the stripe?  It's displayed differently for non-admin because overall length of menubar is different.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: