Meta Tag Content Being Overridden by Mod -- Unable To Get Help From Author?

Started by Grammy, September 10, 2016, 07:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I have a strange issue regarding meta tag content and PMXBlog.  I posted a support question at the PMXBlog site, but I was told this morning that it's not an issue with the mod; that there is nothing in the mod code that "overwrites the header".  I pretty much struck out there, so I'm stopping by here just in case someone can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this.

I am attaching a screenshot.  You can see my browser tabs at the top.  The first tab is my forum.  You see "List Of Blogs" there.  The second tab is opened to here (SMF) and you can see "Simple Machines Community...."  The red lines in the attachments indicate two things:  1.) My browser tag and 2.) the page source of SMF, showing the meta tag.

Here's an odd fact:  before I log in, everything is fine, my browser tab shows my forum name, as it should.  It doesn't become "List of Blogs" until I log in.  If I log back out, it's normal again.

The tab for my forum shows "List Of Blogs" no matter where you click in the forum.  I can be in the arcade, or the gallery, or reading a post and the tab will say "List Of Blogs".  The code in index.template.php (SMF 2.0.11, default) has not been modified:

echo '
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
<meta name="keywords" content="' . $context['meta_keywords'] . '" />' : '', '
<title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

Again, I posted at the Blog support site over a week ago, and got a response this morning that "there was no known bug" and that the blog doesn't overwrite the header (not sure what that means).  In other words, I came up empty there, no support is forthcoming.   :-\

Can you suggest which sort of files would affect this and what I should glean through them for, in an attempt to sort it?

The bulk of PMXBlog adds its own files.  The SMF files it edits are:

index.php
Subs.php
Profile.php
ManageSettings.php
Errors.php
Security.php
Modifications.english.php
Help.english.php

It doesn't modify any templates, but does add its own.

Thanks!

Grammy

Thanks for moving it, Kindred; I was stumped on where to post it.   :)

Wellwisher

Give us a dummy log in account to experience the problem first hand.

Grammy

Quote from: Wellwisher on September 11, 2016, 01:30:15 PM
Give us a dummy log in account to experience the problem first hand.

Thanks, but I'm not comfortable with that.   :)

I do appreciate the offer, though.  I'll just keep trying to sort it.  If I can't, I'll live with it.   ;)

Illori

try this
if($context['PmxBlog']['action'][1] == 'unread')
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_unread_title'];
elseif($context['PmxBlog']['action'][1] == 'tracked')
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_tracked_title'];
else
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_bloglist_title'];

that is in PmxBlog.php

remove the else and the line below it.

Grammy

Quote from: Illori on September 11, 2016, 03:33:03 PM
try this
if($context['PmxBlog']['action'][1] == 'unread')
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_unread_title'];
elseif($context['PmxBlog']['action'][1] == 'tracked')
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_tracked_title'];
else
$context['page_title'] = $txt['PmxBlog_bloglist_title'];

that is in PmxBlog.php

remove the else and the line below it.

Illori, that's brilliant!  Thanks so much for being willing to help!   :D

Advertisement: