Understanding permissions

Started by PeterL, September 13, 2016, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterL

I don't.

Does each user have a numerical access level? For example if I'm a 20 would I have access to everything 20 and under. Is that how it works?

How do we change a user's numerical access level?

I've been through my Admin/Members area several times, and I KNOW its got to do with Permission Profiles, but I just don't unnerstan!

I'd be very grateful if you could explain.

Thanks

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Illori

SMF permissions are not number based. maybe if you explain what you are trying to do we can explain how to achive it.

PeterL

Quote from: Illori on September 13, 2016, 01:20:48 PM
SMF permissions are not number based. maybe if you explain what you are trying to do we can explain how to achive it.

Ah well, knowing that helps, a bit..

So here's what i want to do:

Set up users in classes
Registered
Preferred

Then I'd like each class to be able to read, reply on the boards associated with that class.

I have read those permission topics until I'm confused.

Illori

so you have a board x can see and you only want that group to view that board using the default permissions or different permissions?

d3vcho

Hello!

Those are Membergroups, so please refer to: Membergroups. Once viewed this, tell us if with the previous information you can reach what you want.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Siirist

OP had another member set-up his forum (including permissions).
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548692.0
Marked as Solved.
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: