URL mismatch causes logging problems...

Started by Yuki Yagami, September 19, 2016, 12:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki Yagami

Well, I am an administrator of a certain video gaming website that uses Simple Machine Forums. Well I encountered a bug that causes us to "log out" due to a URL mismatch.

This bug caused us to log in/log out. It was recently due to a URL mismatch.

In forum boards,
************.com/forums/index.php?board=1.0 (causes users to "log in")
************.com/forums/index.php/board,1.0.html (causes users to "log out")

In threads,
************.com/forums/index.php?topic=1234.0 (causes users to "log in")
************.com/forums/index.php/topic,1234.0.html (causes users to "log out")

I pointed out that the url says: /index.php?board=1.0 or /index.php?topic=1234.0, then we can access the threads normally when logged in, but when the url says: /index.php/board,1.0.html or /index.php/topic,1234.0.html, users get "logged out" even if the users are logged in.

When I discovered the problem. I temporarily disabled the "Search engine friendly URLs". Everything went back to normal, we can go through boards and threads normally.

Even though this issue is fixed, I am still reporting this URL mismatch bug in case this problem is encountered in the future, and is there a possible solution to the URL mismatch problems.

Unless there are already solutions to this problem, I will look forward to the possible solutions to this problem.

Kindred

those supposedly "SEF" urls are useless and pointless and the entire function should be removed....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: