Advanced Reputation Mod

Started by melanie1986, September 20, 2016, 11:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie1986

I love SMF, I really do. But....oh boy yes there is always a butt (not to be confused with the gluteous maximus), I don't like Karma, honestly it is so bland.

Soooooo....searching through the mods I found this

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129

Doesn't load as its too old. Has anyone made it work, or is using it on SMF 2.0.11? I would really love to have it, or at least something that works as near to that as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Kindred

As something for rc5, it will most likely work on 2.0.11
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

melanie1986

Any idea why it won't load? My techy guru says its because its too old? I tried it myself some months ago and it kept giving me a failure to load message. So I waited until I had someone who knows what they doing; she gets the same results

br360

Just tested this and it does install and work just fine on version 2.0.11

What is the exact failure to load message you are getting?

melanie1986

I'll find out. For me it was too long ago, so I need to get that answer from my Rodneyetta McKay  ;D

aegersz

I'm running it on my 2.0.11 system but I remember that I had to first install the mod then run a database update to calculate rep based on post count, karma etc.

I absolutely love this mod and I do not allow negative rep.

Go to the Advanced part of Packages (bottom right) and set your system for 2.0 RC5 and try again.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

zaks_bg

Hi all,

I have been looking for advanced reputation mod for SMF 1.1.21. It seems the mod is no longer available on the site.
May someone please point me to a link where I can download it and would it work with 1.1.21?

Or if not, I would like to request such a mod that it is visible who gives/takes rep and comments to each point of reputation given/taken.

thank you.

Arantor

You would be advised to upgrade, 1.1 receives little official support these days and even less from modders.

aegersz

Here is the first and last version of the ARS that i found on the PC prior to uploading it to the Package Manager ... it may help you and it may help others that can't locate the mod.

The mod expects you to manually update the database so do all your homework by unzipping the mod and reading whatever you can find.

I don't know why the mod was deleted so maybe the author doesn't want to give away the code BUT i love this mod so here it is until i am told that i shouldn't be doing this:

[edit] mods removed due to license -Illori
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

Illori, I thought that that may be the case but next time when a mod is removed, perhaps some explanation about why would be a good idea so we can avoid any future issues.

I respect your policy and will not distribute the source by any other means.

Illori

we dont provide that information for various reasons.

aegersz

Fair enough but I wasn't asking for any specifics, just a post saying that it was removed by you guys and save me the embarrassment of posting source when I should not.

Anyway, not to worry. Just tried to help.

Illori

the issue is the license not anything else.

Kindred

basically, the license of the mod does not allow anyone except the author to distribute the mod.

Since the mod is removed from the mod site, (which the author gave permission to use as a distribution method) it is not allowed for anyone else to distribute it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

Thanks. As I said, I will support your policy on such matters.

Advertisement: