News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with permissions

Started by Nikkel, September 22, 2016, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkel

Hello,

I have a problem with certain permissions. Admins and other membergroups can create/post new topics but Regular Members simply can't.
The permissions are all set correctly ._. (Regular Members allowed to create new topics).

Illori

does the board that has the issue have a permission profile applied to it? modify the board and check the drop down.

Nikkel

It's on default..
The problem is not there! Any type of board with any type of permission profile doesn't let Regular Members post!

Illori

so there is a permission profile in effect? then you need to check the profile for the permissions set.

Nikkel

I don't really understand what's going on, I've uploaded some images as attachments so you can see the permissions.. :(

Illori

have you actually tested it yourself wit an account or are you hearing about this issue from someone that should have that level of access?

Nikkel

I've been changing my account's membergroup over and over to test and change permission settings!

Nikkel

Oh hang on! I've found the problem! :o

Even though everything was correct, the Post Count membergroups had "No - Use unique permissions"...
Changed those membergroups to Inherit From: Regular Members and it fixed the problem. :P

Illori

Kindred

well, that is probably not the best way to do it.

If you actually plan to USE permissions for post-count based groups, then you should have them as unique, and  then just set every permission that you don't care to alter to either allow or disallow (this will then make the permissions allowed for any other membergroup be granted.)   Do not use DENY...

If you don't plan to use the permissions for post-count based groups, then just turn OFF permissions for post-count based groups.
(the groups themselves will still be present, but there will be no permission checks against them)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: