News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal error on upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04

Started by studentforums, September 24, 2016, 07:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studentforums

Using php7 and get this error

[Sat Sep 24 12:25:37.955556 2016] [:error] [pid 29502] [client 141.101.99.172:14507] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/studentforums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/studentforums/Sources/Load.php(2550): smf_db_initiate('localhost', 'Examforum', 'studentforums', 'mxBBVD48YARXeHZ...', 'fep_', Array)\n#1 /var/www/studentforums/index.php(74): loadDatabase()\n#2 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/studentforums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 58

I don't have access to admin panel because no pages will load so can't update smf. How can I solve this
I only help those that help themselves. I suppose I am a bit like GOD that way.
If you realise anything useful, say something useful and help someone else.

Student forum for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, O & A Level and University Students

d3vcho

Hello!

SMF uses a MySQL connector for 2.0.x that PHP7 doesn't support. You'll have to use a different PHP version.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

studentforums

Downgraded to php 5.6.
Foolish of the php people not to inclode legacy support. Broke 3 of my websites.
I only help those that help themselves. I suppose I am a bit like GOD that way.
If you realise anything useful, say something useful and help someone else.

Student forum for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, O & A Level and University Students

Arantor

Quote from: studentforums on September 24, 2016, 08:17:20 AM
Downgraded to php 5.6.
Foolish of the php people not to inclode legacy support. Broke 3 of my websites.

Not foolish. They officially declared 12 YEARS ago that they wanted rid of it. They only held off this long because of people that haven't upgraded their PHP code - like SMF - but they can't hold off forever.

Advertisement: