News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Can't change user DOB

Started by Don Houston, September 25, 2016, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Houston

Yes I need to know why I can't change a members DOB in my profile on my forum and it is not saving the date.  It keeps reverting back to default.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I went to User>modify Profile>Forum Profile

Siirist

Quote from: Don Houston on September 25, 2016, 06:21:34 PM
Yes I need to know why I can't change a members DOB in my profile on my forum and it is not saving the date.
It keeps reverting back to default.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
I went to User>modify Profile>Forum Profile

1st, there is no "default".
2nd, signed in as an Administrator, "View Members", double click on the member's "Username", Click on "Forum Profile", enter the "Birthdate", go to the bottom of that page and click on "Save".

Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Don Houston

tried that even had my business partner try to change it and it did not work

Siirist

Quote from: Don Houston on September 25, 2016, 07:00:03 PM
tried that even had my business partner try to change it and it did not work

The assumption is that you have Administrative permissions, and that you are using SMF 2.0.11.
Can you modify (change) some other information in ANY member's "Forum Profile" (except your own of course)?
What mods are installed?
Are you using a bridge (Tiny Portal, etc)?

EDIT: When did this start happening, i.e., were you able to modify members information previously?
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Don Houston

Quote from: Siirist on September 25, 2016, 07:13:42 PM

The assumption is that you have Administrative permissions, and that you are using SMF 2.0.11.
Can you modify (change) some other information in ANY member's "Forum Profile" (except your own of course)?
What mods are installed?
Are you using a bridge (Tiny Portal, etc)?

EDIT: When did this start happening, i.e., were you able to modify members information previously?

Yes I have admin rights and the only mod I have installed right now is SimpleColorizer    1.1.  My partner was able to change his DOB with no problems.  But I am not able to

Siirist

Okay, originally it seemed like you were wanting to change another member's birthdate, now it sounds like you want to change your own birthdate.

Can you (or your business partner) change some other information in ANY member's "Forum Profile"?

EDIT: When did this start happening? Were you able to change info before today?

EDIT: OP clarified that he is able to change other entries in his Profile, just not his Birthdate.  Very odd, hoping that a more experienced member will jump in and help out.

Regards,
Siirist
Needed information:

Don Houston

Quote from: Siirist on September 25, 2016, 07:43:18 PM
Okay, originally it seemed like you were wanting to change another member's birthdate, now it sounds like you want to change your own birthdate.

Can you (or your business partner) change some other information in ANY member's "Forum Profile"?

EDIT: When did this start happening? Were you able to change info before today?

Yes I trying to change my birthdate

Sir Osis of Liver

What happens when you click 'Change profile'?  What date is it displaying?  Anything in your error log?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Don Houston

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 25, 2016, 10:29:31 PM
What happens when you click 'Change profile'?  What date is it displaying?  Anything in your error log?
When I try to change my DOB, and click save changes it goes back to January 1, 1916.

I am not sure why but my Business partner was able to change his but we both tried from separate locations and it reverts back to January 1 1916

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know why that's happening.  Just did a clean install with new database, and default dob is 0000-00-00.  Where did January 1 1916 come from?  Anything in your error log?  Which mods are you running?

- R. Waters

Don Houston

only one mod, that is simple colorizer.  Nothing in my error log.  Not sure why it keeps setting it to January 1

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you set up an admin account I can use?

- R. Waters

Don Houston

Register at kdsupport.info and I will make you an admin..  Please note that you will only be admin long enough to resolve this issue

Sir Osis of Liver

Your profile template has been modded, there are no dropmenus for dob in core code.  The mod is borked, you have to remove it.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Profile.template.php

// Callback function for entering a birthdate!
function template_profile_birthdate()
{
global $txt, $context;

// Just show the pretty box!
echo '
<dt>
<strong>', $txt['dob'], ':</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['dob_year'], ' - ', $txt['dob_month'], ' - ', $txt['dob_day'], '</span>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="bday3" size="4" maxlength="4" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['year'], '" class="input_text" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday1" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['month'], '" class="input_text" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday2" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['day'], '" class="input_text" />
</dd>';
}

- R. Waters

Don Houston

What mod?  I have a theme but there is no mod

Don Houston

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 25, 2016, 11:34:13 PM
Profile.template.php

// Callback function for entering a birthdate!
function template_profile_birthdate()
{
global $txt, $context;

// Just show the pretty box!
echo '
<dt>
<strong>', $txt['dob'], ':</strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">', $txt['dob_year'], ' - ', $txt['dob_month'], ' - ', $txt['dob_day'], '</span>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="bday3" size="4" maxlength="4" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['year'], '" class="input_text" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday1" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['month'], '" class="input_text" /> -
<input type="text" name="bday2" size="2" maxlength="2" value="', $context['member']['birth_date']['day'], '" class="input_text" />
</dd>';
}

What do I have to do?  I did nothing to the profile.template.php?  Can I have you do it

Sir Osis of Liver

It's in the theme.  Replace the Shelflife203 Profile.template.php with the default template (attached).

- R. Waters

Don Houston

Do you still need admin access

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Advertisement: