News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Calendar

Started by Galaxy Computers, September 26, 2016, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

I have my forum set invisible to all users and the only they can see the board is to register. How can I make my calendar to be visibile as a guest without registering or login. I have show to guests and when I click Calendar at the top its asking to register/login.

How can I fix this?

Thanks
Wade
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Woraphat

Go to permissions for that group (guests).  Put a check mark in the View the calendar box.

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: Woraphat on September 26, 2016, 10:22:42 AM
Go to permissions for that group (guests).  Put a check mark in the View the calendar box.

I have already done that, it didn't work when I click on Calendar at top as a guest its wanting me to login/register.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Kindred

what is your forum URL?  Because the calendar is disabled in the forum listed in your signature.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: Kindred on September 26, 2016, 12:55:01 PM
what is your forum URL?  Because the calendar is disabled in the forum listed in your signature.

Kindred, its on a different forum. Here is the actual url http://www.amarilloatheists.org
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Kindred

oh, ok...

you have turned off all guest access....   so no guest will ever see anything except for the login screen.  Truning off all guest access overrides any specific permissions and just makes the WHOLE FORUM unavailable for guests.

If you want them to have access to some things and not others, then you need to ALLOW guests and then control their specific access with permissions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Galaxy Computers

Quote from: Kindred on September 26, 2016, 04:27:37 PM
oh, ok...

you have turned off all guest access....   so no guest will ever see anything except for the login screen.  Truning off all guest access overrides any specific permissions and just makes the WHOLE FORUM unavailable for guests.

If you want them to have access to some things and not others, then you need to ALLOW guests and then control their specific access with permissions
I have allow all permissions for guests to view and still doesn't work.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Siirist

I just tried it and the Calendar is view-able by guests.

Mark as Solved?

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Steve

I'm going to go ahead and mark it solved since, as Siirist said, the original problem has been resolved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: