calendar on board index

Started by lonegun, September 26, 2016, 01:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonegun

Hi. I've turned on the option in "Calendar Settings" to allow events and birthdays to appear "on board index and calendar", however the "Upcoming Calendar" tab of the info centre is only visible for logged in users, with guests not being able to see the events or birthdays. Is there a way to allow everyone to see this?

Thanks.

Kindred

The guests must also be able to see the calendar itself (in permissions) and, if the event is linked to a post, must be able to read posts in that board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lonegun

Hi Kindred, thanks for the quick response, the problem is indeed that the event is linked to a post which is only accessible to some members. Is there no way to allow guests to also see events on the board index through changing the template files or something similar? I ask because all logged in users regardless of their permissions can still see the "Upcoming Events" tab (with the events information) even if they can't actually see the post.

Thanks.

Advertisement: