News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Nested quotes cutoff at 7 (2.0.12)

Started by whoey, September 29, 2016, 06:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoey

Just updated to 2.0.12 and now it seems users cannot nest more than 7 quotes. Pre update it was working as expected.

Personally I hate the waste of the nested quotes, but the users seem to like playing with it.

On a side note Tapatalk users can quote past this limitation.

Kindred

That is because Tapatalk replaces the core Subs.php (which is actually a dangerous situation, as we have now patched Subs.php and they have not)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

whoey

Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2016, 06:46:32 AM
That is because Tapatalk replaces the core Subs.php (which is actually a dangerous situation, as we have now patched Subs.php and they have not)
we have recently added a responsive theme, and a lot of users have started using that instead of tapatalk, and we're hoping eventually to eliminate it.

oddguy

But...what is the solution to letting users quote posts with 7 or more nested quotes?

I just get a "the message was empty" post and I am not using Tapatalk.

e: oh I found that it is a known bug on 2.0.12 update

gonna go with the commenting of the "remove empty bbc" line on subs-post.php in http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548896.0

thanks anyway

Advertisement: