404 error when trying to view user profiles

Started by qs12345, September 29, 2016, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qs12345

Hi, every time I try to view another user's profile on my forum I keep getting this error...

Not Found
The requested URL /mlist/!!pandas!!_6253 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can view my own profile just fine though. I have no idea what I may have done to cause this. Help please.  :'(

d3vcho

Hello!

Are you using any kind of mod that can modify your forum's URL? If so, please try to uninstall and check if the issue still happening.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

qs12345

No, I don't think I am. The only thing I can think of that may have done something to it was when I tried to uninstall Wordpress 3.0+ User Integration (This mod) a few days ago and I may not have uninstalled it right since it came back with some errors. I erased the files it installed and the forum worked fine but I never checked if anything happened to the profiles so I'm not sure if that's what's causing my problem. Either way, I tried reinstalling and uninstalling the mod and it didn't help. Other than that I don't think I've tinkered with other mods lately, just installed a new template but it doesn't matter what template I use, I'm still getting the error.

Arantor

qs12345

I don't use either of those but it seems to have solved itself somehow. I upgraded the forum to 2.0.12 and then reinstalled a bunch of mods and it started functioning again. I'm assuming it was one of those mods that broke it. Thanks for the help! =)

qs12345

So it turns out as I was reinstalling the rest of the mods it stopped working again with the same 404 Error... I uninstalled all of the mods one by one and it's still not working.... Help please?

Kindred

that url is not a standard SMF url.  So, you have a mod affecting your stuff.  Probably in the .htaccess file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

qs12345

Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2016, 11:09:06 PM
that url is not a standard SMF url.  So, you have a mod affecting your stuff.  Probably in the .htaccess file.

Do you know how I can fix the .htaccess file?

Arantor

qs12345

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2016, 02:51:15 AM
So what mods are you using?

I'm using a lot of them, here's a list:

Redirect on Login and/or Logout mod    0.4    
SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor    2.1.2    
Post Template Mod    0.1.3
SMFPacks Alerts Pro    2.0.14
SimplePortal    2.3.6
Progress Bar BBCode (CSS3 version)    1.2
Staff Permissions For Simple Portal    1.2
Aeva Media    1.4w    
Breeze    1.0.8    
Drafts    1.1.5
Treasury    2.12
Exclude Boards from Feeds    0.1.1
Optimus Brave    1.8.7
SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod    1.0-2    
Tagging System    3.0    
Topic Solved    1.1.1    
Custom BBCode    2.03    
Google Analytics Code    1.4    
'Read the Rules' Link Above Post Button    2.0    
VigLink    1.3    
Simple Image Upload    2.0.0    
Last Edit Link    2.0    
Fanfics System    1.3    
Reason For Editing Mod    2.3.2    
Ad Seller Pro    2.5.1a    
SA KB    1.1.1    
SA Affiliates    3.3.5.6    
Menu Editor Lite    1.0.5    
Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1    
Spoiler BBCode    1.1.3    
SMFPacks Mentions    1.4.4    
Advanced Topic Prefix Mod    4.0.3    
Event Registration Mod for SMF2    2.26    
Spiders Don't Increase Topic Views    1.1.1    
SMFPacks: SEO Pro Mod    2.1.5    
QR Code BBcode    1.0.1    
Bookmarks    2.5    
Show BBCode to guests    0.1.7    
Alternate User Posting    1.0.1    
Login Security    1.0.3    
Set order for sticky topics    0.5

Think that's all of them. I tried using a backup .htaccess file and it kind of solved the problem but after re-installing bookmark it stopped working again. I tried using the backup again but had mixed results, when I didn't use a backup .htaccess file I would get the 404 error and when I use it I can't log in to admin or log out of my account (it would say something along the lines of timing out, try again).

Illori

it is possible SMFPacks: SEO Pro Mod    2.1.5  has something to do with this. do you know if it does any URL rewrites?

qs12345

Quote from: Illori on September 30, 2016, 07:21:00 AM
it is possible SMFPacks: SEO Pro Mod    2.1.5  has something to do with this. do you know if it does any URL rewrites?

Actually, now that you mention it, yes it does according to the product description on their website...

Extraordinary URL Rewriting

- Pretty URLs for topics.
- Pretty URLs for boards.
- Pretty URLs for actions.
- Pretty URLs for attachments.
- Pretty URLs for profiles.
- Hierarchic URL Structure.
- Change format of URLs with a click.
- Master switch for pretty URLs.
- 301 Redirects for old URLs.
- Acronym parser for URLs.
- Maximum length of URLs.