News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Install permissions error

Started by Yzord, September 29, 2016, 10:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yzord

I have a problem with the install of SMF. I installed it on a Centos 7 VPS with Apache etc. I have set the folders permissions manually listed in step 2 of the setup. But no matter what i try, i can't get past step 2.

So i installed a ftp server and created a new user so it can login, but it can't login at all. I give up all credentials, but after hitting connect the page comes back to step 2. I have not set SSL.

So i'm stuck. Anyone know what i doing wrong?

Yzord

Please check this video for more clarification :)

hxxp:youtu.be/42lWBszdqcY [nonactive]

aegersz

what error are you getting ? (i changed all of mine to 777 and never have any issues)

what did you exactly change and to what ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Yzord

I chmodded the files through CLI with 777 and chowned the files to apache:webadmins and user alex is member of the group webadmins.

User alex is created and can login through a FTP client (Filezilla), but when i want to login through the ftp option in the setup it isn't working. Tried also root, but that doesn't work also.

All files are uploaded in binary.

Tried it in Safari, firefox and chromium. No luck

aegersz

I login via root.

What error are you seeing ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Yzord

Please watch the video...i don't receive any error in the setup.

It also isn't working with sftp

Illori

cant you just post what exactly the issue is? not all of us want to want a video.

Yzord

I dont get it...i just typed everything above. Ok again.

Uploaded the files in binary mode. Changed file permissions by hand (777) which presented in Step 2 of the setup.

Step 2 of the setup still saying that the files are not writable (while they are, check the image i uploaded above) so i cannot continue the setup. So i thought, let me try the ftp function in Step 2 then. Installed vsftpd, created a user (tried it with root also), but the ftp client in the setup is not connecting, while i can connect with Filezilla.

So i cannot continue the setup. Hope this makes it more clear?

Yzord

I guess this problem is to big for this support forum. Over to vbulletin.

Yzord

Cleared it up. It was SeLinux in enforcing mode.

aegersz

Advertisement: