News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to copy data to another database table after activation?

Started by Osvaldon, September 30, 2016, 12:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osvaldon

How to copy data of a certain account from the 'members' table to another existing table ONCE that certain account is activated? I want to copy username, password hash, email and some other data to another table.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

There are VERY few reasons why you'd need to do this or its a good idea. And my guess is that if you can't code it, it's not smart.

Osvaldon

Quote from: Kindred on September 30, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
Why?   What is your actual end goal?

I want users to register their server accounts through my website while keeping out forum related data and unactivated accounts out of the table.

Kindred

SO, you plan to use the SMF user data for actual server logins?

Actually, I would suggest that is a bad idea. They should have separate accounts for each -- at the very least, separate passwords
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Osvaldon

I don't see any problems with such integration. Why do you think it's a bad idea?

Illori

if their forum account gets hacked, their server login has been hacked as well.

Advertisement: