News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

convert phpbb problem

Started by brauchi, October 29, 2005, 05:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brauchi

I am using SMF 1.1 and would like to move my phpbb content into SMF. but somehow i can't figure it out. it seems as if i am having a wrong converter but there don't seem to be another that would fit.

I am using the one suggested on your site. but when I am running the script i receive the following error message

The installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

my version is not older than 1.0 and if my version is newer than i would need a differetn converter. does anybody know where i can find that?

i am sorry if this has been asked before. but i am trying for two hours to use the search function and always get the message that the server is buys. and by just guessing were information is...... i am sorry.

Thank you in advance

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

brauchi

Yes. I have both files phpbb2.sql and phpbb2.php in the same directory and when i call the php file i can fill out all the information needed and then i get that error message.

I had those two files also in the phpBB2 folder. in case that this could have caused the problem

Oldiesmann

You need to use converter.php, not phpbb2_to_smf.php. Download phpbb2.sql and converter.php, upload both and then run converter.php
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

brauchi

Somehow i can't find those files. I found a post but the attachement they were talking about wasn't there.

Do you have any idea where I might be able to download those files?

The only files I was able to find where the phpbb2_to_smf.php files

thank you

brauchi

i think i found it. my aol didnt display the list with the attachments. i got it in a different browser.

brauchi

I got it almost to work for me. everythng works well until I hit the following message:

Converting topic notifications...Successful.
Converting board access... Unsuccessful!
This query:
UPDATE `sgfox_spm`.smf1_boards
SET permission_mode = 1;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'permission_mode' in 'field list'

It is most likely that the mistake is on my end. I am trying to get this board set up since 8 am this morning.   :-[

Oldiesmann

What version of SMF did you install? That column has been there since 1.0 Beta 5...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

brauchi

I am using SMF 1.0.3 stable

But i guess i will go ahead and delete everything i have done today and the start over with a fresh brain tomorrow. I must have uploaded the phpbb and smf at least 7 times today. And I don't think the eigth time will do it.

the last time I was cleaver. i had in my head that the person i am working for is suing postnuke for his site. so the last time i tried the phpnuke.sql file and this is the error message for the hour.

Notice: Undefined variable: prefix in /home/sgfox/public_html/stoppagingme/forum/convert.php(302) : eval()'d code on line 1

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of PHP-Nuke 7.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Table 'sgfox_spm._users' doesn't exist

Tomorrow will be another day. hopefully a better day :(

xenovanis

Are you using 1.0.3 stable? Why did you say 1.1 in the first posts? Make sure what version you are using because there is a difference between 1.0.x and 1.1.

For a 1.0 forum, use the converters on the downloadpage:
http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?converters

For a 1.1 forum, use the converters here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38966.0
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

brauchi

Sorry about the confusion. I got confused myself after installing so many different versions of everything.

So now I have it almost set. This is what I am using now

All my posts are finally showing up on the new forum.

I installed the bridge so that the login areas would be connected.

The problem is that when I install the package in SMF I get a failure message of the source/subs.php part.  Does anybody know how this can be resolved?

Thank you

xenovanis

I assume you mean the Mambo/Joomla bridge? There are two versions of the bridge. You probably used the wrong version.

For 1.0: http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6472/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip
For 1.1: http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6471/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip

brauchi

Both of them give me the same error message

xenovanis

Upload a fresh copy of index.php and /Sources/Subs.php and try again with the correct version.

brauchi

I still get the same failure message. I am sorry I can't get it straight.

xenovanis

Can you please tell me wich version of SMF you are using (you can find this at the bottom of your forumpage) and which bridge you are trying to install?

brauchi

this is the SMF I am using
yourdomain.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.5.

with this bridge
http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6472/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip [nofollow]

-------------
It is finally working. After reinstalling it one more time on a different part of my website I was able to get everything working.

Thank you for your patience

Advertisement: