News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Themes not installing

Started by risusSardonicus, September 30, 2016, 10:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

risusSardonicus

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I have SMF installed on a WAMP local server.  I've been importing various themes that say they are good for version 2.012  but when I use the reset button the entire site shows up as though there is no style applied at all.

I'm new to this software so am somewhat baffled by what is going on. I've tried to do a search but can't see where anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Do you have SMF 2.1 Beta installed? Or do you have SMF 2.0.12 installed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

risusSardonicus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 30, 2016, 11:17:22 PM
Do you have SMF 2.1 Beta installed? Or do you have SMF 2.0.12 installed?

SMF 2.0.12

risusSardonicus

Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2016, 09:14:33 AM
run repair_settings.php

Yeah. I ran this but it didn't solve the problem. I just tried the White Collar theme as an experiment and when I loaded it the site appeared as though it had no style sheet.

Kindred

That indicates that the theme directory is not finding the CSS file. So, either you have a problem with your directory structures or you have a problem with file and directory permissions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

risusSardonicus

Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2016, 10:27:08 PM
That indicates that the theme directory is not finding the CSS file. So, either you have a problem with your directory structures or you have a problem with file and directory permissions

Hmmm. well. I made a copy of the default theme and saved it under a different name.  And that loaded fine. Does that count?

risusSardonicus

Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2016, 10:27:08 PM

Yeah, I decided to install the Ancient and Rusted theme.  When I installed the theme through the "Install a New Theme" panel in the admin section I looked in the directory folder and there was nothing there. So, I extracted the thing through an unzip program this time I got 4 php files but no folders.  So, I copied the core css folder into the Ancient folder and that made the theme go gray, but most pages looked like no css file but the site was gray.

Maybe I should install through "Run as Administrator"  This is on a localserver so I don't know that permissions would apply, would it?

Kindred

Yes, every theme should have php files, a CSS directory, and images directory and a scripts directory
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: