No approval required for new members?

Started by anidea, October 01, 2016, 03:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anidea

Hi All,

This isn't my first time running an SMF forum, but it is the first time for me running a brand new out of the box 2.0.12.  My older forum requires admin approval of all member accounts.  The new one isn't requiring approval.  Not at all.

Did I do something wrong?  Did I miss a setting?  I'm kinda worried, the forum's been running for 6 hours and there are a lot of new members already...

TIA!
a

anidea

Nevermind.  Found it.  Admin-->members-->registration-->settings  for anyone looking for it. 

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

anidea

Thanks, Kindred.  (the mean one?  bah!  you're such a softie!)

I did have all those setting set, but I wanted to be able to approve new members in addition to all the verification stuff.  Maybe that option (the one I put above) should be included in your wiki link?

It turns out that it wasn't spam, it was just that a lot of people *really* wanted to be part of the new forum.

Cat ladies, we love chatting ;)

Burt

Quote from: anidea on October 01, 2016, 04:00:02 AM
Nevermind.  Found it.  Admin-->members-->registration-->settings  for anyone looking for it.

Yes, for anyone ELSE looking for the Member Registration Setting, try under Member Registration Settings...   ;D

If you want to approve new member (manually), may I suggest you look in (you wont believe this) Member Registration Setting ;D

Oh I see now...  :-[  You want both option on simultaneously (Email Activation and Admin Approval)... Good Idea (that will teach me, reading twice next time)

But in my experience I have notice that when you push too much at the front door, people tend to keep walking and not bother to come in, unless you have something really, really unique to offer..

I'm one of those Cat ladies..  ;)

Regards

If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

anidea

LOL  I just had mental difficulty going to two separate places to find registration stuff.  I do see how "registration" and "verification" are different, but going to different places was confusing for me.  I'm getting old, and I'm a cat lady.  There's too much Ragdoll fur in my brain.

I posted the answer thinking one day there'll be an old befuddled lady as confused as me and she'll be glad I posted the answer to my own question lol or maybe not.  Whatever.

Feel free to come join us, Burt: http://ragdollsunited.com/smf/index.php

BTW, I got used to the dual system because another forum I run has a lot of people that make duplicate profiles.  It covers a touchy subject and it's really annoying to have people make multiple temporary email addresses and post under 5 different names and then come on the forum and agree with themselves under the different identities.  This particular forum probably doesn't need it, but I just got used to that system.

Thanks!

Advertisement: