Post/Read perms for new registered members

Started by Gogo1207, October 01, 2016, 11:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogo1207

Hi all,
first sorry for my bad english :)

So i want to set permissions for new registered members to get access only to one category/subforum.
Details, all new members must make an introduce topic inside the specific category/subforum, once they've do that they'll got regular member permissions.

Is that possible without mod/plugin? If not, what plugin is usefull for that?
Or even how to create that inside the php if is possible?

I tried to create a new member group and set it as default on registration and new member can se 2 categories like i want, and new member can reply to one of them like i want, but once that new member made new topic in that category his/her membergroup didn't change to another one with "regular member" permissions. So i'm doing something wrong and i'm not sure where.

I'm using IPBoard for a long time, but as that forum management system is really heavy for servers (it uses a bunch of server resources while few thousands of members are online at once) i'm converting them one by one to SMF.

Kindred

yes, it is possible - through the use of post-count based groups.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gogo1207

I found a problem, my new groups didn't work for some reason so i deleted all of them and recreated all custom groups and now works fine. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement: