News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Unable to Install SMF in my host

Started by orjiakor, October 06, 2016, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orjiakor

I am unable to install SMF in my host, am getting different errors

Sir Osis of Liver

Are you using a host installer, or the full install package?
What are the errors?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

orjiakor

!!Critical Error!
The installer was unable to access the "smf" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes - like your username - to your database names.

Illori

have you created the database? if you dont know how contact your host and they can help you create the database.

skb

I have yet make an installation without seeing those errors. Usually it's wrong data being fed into those forms. Try username with host provided username with and without your database username separated by an underscore. Normally it's these kind of things generating the errors.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

orjiakor

I created database.
My host confirmed that the database is working perfectly and that the problem is from the smf Installer.
Can I share the url of my site here?

Illori

if your host says the database exists, ask them what the server URL is that the database exists on is. really at this point it is on your host to get the install to work as the installer is coded correctly to work if the database exists and you put in the correct details.

orjiakor

My host is Godaddy, they insist that the problem is from the script .

Illori

godaddy will always blame everyone but themselves. the issue is not the script. if they will not help you solve the problem find a new host that will.

orjiakor

They said that they can't do anything since the problem is from Script. They said that I should hire a developer to check the script.

I will try on another host as you suggested.

orjiakor

I tried to install SMF script in InMotionHosting and am having the same problem.

Illori

then you are doing something wrong. are you using the correct username and password as well as server URL to connect to the database? your host should really be helping you with this, they can confirm everything is in place and give you the connection details.

Kindred

in this case, the problem is not our script. the problem is that your host is not telling you the correct connection information.

the database was created - excellent.
now you need to know the database server and port as well as the database user username and password (with full rights to the database)

GoDaddy puts their databases on a different server from your web files...   so localhost won't work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on October 07, 2016, 09:30:41 AM
GoDaddy puts their databases on a different server from your web files...   so localhost won't work.

Have you done this?  If you're still having problems, pm username/password to your GoDaddy account, I'll have a look tonight.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

orjiakor

The problem has been resolved, SMF installed successfully.

Advertisement: