News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.12 with wrong error message when modifying existing post

Started by SMiFFER, October 07, 2016, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

I am modifying an existing post and try to copy&paste the contents of another post into this post

When I click SAVE, I get:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

even though the message body is for sure NOT empty.
It contains the pasted contents.

So this error message is clearly wrong. But:
1) What could be causing this?
2) How can I fix this?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SMiFFER

Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SMiFFER

SMiFFER

Good hint!

In that thread it reads:
Quote from: Illori on October 01, 2016, 12:10:15 PM
if there is a bbc that is not closed correctly or has no content in it, this error will happen.
But yet... then this error message is absolutely misleading.

Dav999

This is a known bug in 2.0.12 and as far as I've read a 2.0.13 patch will be made to fix this issue.

SMiFFER

Quote from: Dav999 on October 07, 2016, 04:32:37 PM
This is a known bug in 2.0.12 and as far as I've read a 2.0.13 patch will be made to fix this issue.
I have not read that yet.
Thanks for bringing this up!

Advertisement: