Ajax Chat Question?

Started by wisewomenx2, October 08, 2016, 09:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisewomenx2

Hey y'all. I apologize in advance if I'm in the 'wrong area' here but I'm a little beyond frustration right now.

We have a dating site, and have integrated Ajax Chat onto our site via Softaculous (cpanel via our webhost) but although I have a decent amount of php/html know-how, I don't have a clue on how to fix just ONE THING.  With Ajax Chat before our members can use chat they'd have to create a secondary username/pw!!  Is there a way to reconfigure this so that once members are already logged into our site .. they can immediately start chatting after clicking the link to the chatroom while maintaining their existing username??

Right now the way it's set up (by default) the link takes members to another 'page-link therefore it doesn't follow the look and feel of the website (same headers and footers). I appreciate the help .. Thanks :-)

LiroyvH

Please don't open duplicate topics.

Also, there are shoutboxes available for SMF that do exactly what you're asking.
Why not use that instead of a separate piece of software? Then you'll also have the user integration you're looking for now, the ability to hide it from guests, etc.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

wisewomenx2

My apologies, I found I inadvertently put my question in the wrong area, attempted yet failed in deleting the initial post.

Thank you for the info.

Advertisement: