News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How can i force my dev system to use it's local javascript code ?

Started by aegersz, October 10, 2016, 05:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi, i have noticed an anomaly as i test some Simple Portal code: the javascript that my dev system uses is that of my live system and it sometimes picks the right one (the local dev one that i changed) but usually it gets the live javascript (that i haven't and i see errors in the developer's tools.

my dev system is a copy of the live system's files and database (repair_settings.php is correct)

i have used the Browser's Developer's Tools and made source changes (Edit Source) but that isn't reliable.

i tried clearing browser caches, cookies and i had no luck, for the most part ... when it works, i can't figure out why.

How do you test your javascript changes on an Intranet ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

i think i wasn't using the correct URL's in repair_settings.php; i pointed to the local IP address and that seems to be working.

another problem that i figured out myself and am wasting your DB space (sorry)  :P
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: