News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF auto Backup

Started by engrz, October 15, 2016, 05:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

Is there any way to auto backup of all files and database of smf forum to computer or dropbox? my web host not allowed to backup after 20GB and i have crossed 60GB of data. so how to control and backup online data?

Illori

how does your host block you from doing a backup of over 20gig? i have no idea how they can block your access to your files especially if they are the one to give you that size in the first place.

that is the size of your files right? not your database...

engrz

yes that is the size of my files.

they have a policy that if my disk-space increases the 20GB i will be out from auto backup services.

Illori

so they dont back it up. that does not mean you cant back it up manually yourself.

engrz

I can back up, but as i mentioned it is reached 60GB, so i need any mod/plugin for auto backup. because i can not daily backup a such data manually.

engrz

Quote from: HDB on October 16, 2016, 11:52:35 PM
I use Drop My Site. They offer several backup plans.

https://www.dropmysite.com/

it has too expensive plan for 100GB and more.

Antes

Actually it would be far better to off-load some of the content to places like Google Drive - Dropbox (or mega.co.nz).

Kindred

there is no mod or plugin for auto backup.

install your own and run it via cron script
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Xarkurai

If you're handy with servers you could go with DigitalOcean, they ask 1$/month extra for having an automatic backup every 2-3 days without a limit I believe. You'll have to manually set up your server with php, apache and mysql though.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

aegersz

I manually rsync the live html files and the latest database backup to a dev mirror site on my intranet with a single command.

just backup your database often with cron and mysqldump.

my whole site gets imaged once a week but I like my local site as it works as a forum mirror, and I can then image that by myself with Clonezilla.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

yaax

I can recommend you to use linux build feature LVM snapshot - it is specially build in for backups feaure. This will not cause cpu load like mysql dump and will take one moment only.
You can read more here: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshots_backup.html
It is possible to run such snapshots automatically by cronjobs and it will be auto backup
Free SMF hosting:
http://www.ForumSide.com/

Free OpenCart shop hosting -
http://www.GetFreeShop.com/

engrz

thank you for suggestions, actually more downloads from attachments make me happy that is why i use more attachments on my forum so that i can see users are downloading.

is there anyother way to reduce diskspace, but use my attachment feature.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

Kindred

you would have to get another server/hosting plan and then redirect all called for the attachments to the second server...  but this would not work on a shared plan, you'd have to have dedicated server(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: