News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

.xml parse error

Started by BlackandGold, October 18, 2016, 09:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandGold

Hi Folks,

I wanted to install "SimplePortal", but it doesn't work:

I get a "modification parse error" for the file "install.xml" and if I try to go on regardless, I just get a white blank page.

I alread tried a few different things with chmod and chown, I unpacked the package into the packages folder. Is there anything else you could point out for me, which I should try?
Is there any information missing?

d3vcho

Hello!

Since this is a Mod related issue, we suggest you to reply in the Mod Support Topic (in this case: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.0) to get a better answer by the Mod Author(s).

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

BlackandGold

Quote from: d3vcho on October 18, 2016, 09:56:20 AM
Hello!

Since this is a Mod related issue, we suggest you to reply in the Mod Support Topic (in this case: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.0) to get a better answer by the Mod Author(s).

Regards :)

It pops up there, but they already told people in similar cases that is has nothing to do with their mod. But I will ask there.

aegersz

are you installing the latest (2.3.6) version ? and at what point, precisely, are you getting this error message ?

this sounds very wrong so why not try to uninstall, delete, re-upload the mod and try the install again ?

maybe something got corrupted during your package upload ? just a guess but may be worth a try ...
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

BlackandGold

OK, I have no clue what happened.

It just worked today.  ???

My only possible explanation would be that I unzipped the package into the Packages folder via FTP. Thats ALL I did.

But thank you very much for your help!

Advertisement: