Is a user Drop Down Menu possible in edit mode

Started by Mr Edd, October 19, 2016, 07:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Edd

Hi Guys

I run a writers forum where they post their work for feedback and comments etc.
The most requested option is for adding chapters to the current novel they are working on.

For example...  An author posts the first chapter of his/her work in progress. at a later date he/she wants to add additional chapters. What we are looking for is an option to make these chapters accessible from a drop down menu. So a reader can then jump to whatever chapter they are up to. A bit like folding a page corner over on a paper book.  Actually an option to bookmark within a chapter where the reader is up to would be fantastic too.

I have an example in a screen shot taken from Amazon WriteOn, see below.

Unfortunately the WriteOn forum doesn't have much support and requests such as this falls on deaf ears. I have searched this forum for similar request but they don't address what we would like, for the user to have control of his/her posts and be able to add extra work to their original posts with an option to use a drop down menu to jump to the next chapter.

Can this be done with Mods? and are there any Mods available that would do this.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Here is a link to my forum...  http://www.deadgooey.co.uk/forum/index.php

Edd
I'd be Dyslectic if I could spell ti

Kindred

nothing like that...

However, I think this might do what you are ACTUALLY asking for -- make a chapter based, author related system

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3741

alternatively, the SMF articles mod could also work, in which you set up an article category for each author.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: