News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What this Means?

Started by chamacao, October 20, 2016, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chamacao

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 25, 2016, 04:17:43 PM
How big is the sql dump?

I think is 31992 The second one from the list. Dated 10/23

Sir Osis of Liver

A lot of hosts have problems importing db files that are more than 20mb or so, even if phpmyadmin is set for a higher max (i.e., 50mb).  Host support will usually import it for you.  Did you clear your error log before exporting the db?  Can you export as gz zip?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lahmfan

Quote from: chamacao on October 22, 2016, 02:20:38 AM
Sorry about that.
My liver went out at 15 with hepatitis and at 26 with cirrhosis. No more of that for me.
Thanks for all your help.

These are some of the files downloaded from the server and I ran the antivirus. None was found however, there are a bunch of double files.. Is that normal.? I never put much attention to this, so I took a screen image.
yes its normal , those are the backup files if i am not mistaken

chamacao

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 26, 2016, 12:36:44 PM
A lot of hosts have problems importing db files that are more than 20mb or so, even if phpmyadmin is set for a higher max (i.e., 50mb).  Host support will usually import it for you.  Did you clear your error log before exporting the db?  Can you export as gz zip?

I do not have access to error log. I can not export the Database as gz.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have admin access to your forum?  Can you get to phpmyadmin in your host control panel?

- R. Waters

chamacao

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 26, 2016, 09:27:47 PM
Do you have admin access to your forum?  Can you get to phpmyadmin in your host control panel?

Yes and Yes.
I go phpmyadmin and I ask it to export the database for that website
Using the Quick  method  and SQL type format
Press GO and it downloads a file

I try to Import such file to a new database
Go to import
Choose a file
Set to uft-8
Allowing Partial Import and SQL file
Compatibility mode = NONE
Go

Error

Also
While backinup everything again!
I notice that
OharaYTEmbed.php   File Permission 0 bite 666 I can not copy it.

Under the theme /default  I have 2 directories   highslide and Highslide 
My computer does not allow for me to have both of these dir.   
For some reason unknown to me renaming  highslide to highslide.bak it dissapear?
What was that directory about?

By the way man sincere thanks for your help.

Sir Osis of Liver

To clear error log, go to Admin -> Maintenance -> Logs -> Error Log and 'Remove All'.

Depending on which version of phpmyadmin your host is running, and how it's configured, you may have to go to 'Advanced' to see export choices.  All tables must be selected, file type should be SQL, and down at the bottom check 'Save as file' and select 'Compression:  gzipped'.

Don't worry about mod files that don't download.  You'll be doing a clean install and will have to reinstall all your mods.  You don't really need any of the forum files, unless you have a lot of custom stuff.

Directory and file names are case sensitive on your server, but not on your computer.  Windows will not allow 'highslide' and 'Highslide'.  Don't know why it disappeared when you added file extension, doesn't happen to me.

- R. Waters

chamacao

Sir Osis of Liver

Is the first screenshot your Export tab?  I've never seen the screen before in any version of phpmyadmin.  It appears to be the homepage, not the Export page.

Going offline shortly.  Looks like you haven't selected a database in left column.

- R. Waters

chamacao

Yes. These are the others.

chamacao

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 20, 2016, 06:17:16 PM
Ok, just tried it on test forum.  Upload 2.0.12 upgrade package, no need to run upgrade.php.  Version check reports Sources as 2.0.10 either way, but it's not a problem.

Sir Osis of Liver When you say this... does this mean that I can decompress the upgrade package in my computer and then just overwrite the files with FTP?. I never upgraded SMF using the upgrader. I always installed the new version and imported the backup made with the administration.

Thanks

Illori

take a look at http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

the process you have been doing is incorrect and can cause issues. we gave you this link already in this topic.

Sir Osis of Liver

In your screenshot phpMyAdmin3.png, select 'Custom' for 'Export Method', that will give you options I posted above.

I'm unclear as to what you want to do at this point.  Is your forum currently running on old host?  Are you moving it to a new host, or trying to upgrade it on old host?

- R. Waters

chamacao

Sorry, Illori
But that link does not answer my question. I was referring to this post by Sir Osis

"Ok, just tried it on test forum.  Upload 2.0.12 upgrade package, no need to run upgrade.php.  Version check reports Sources as 2.0.10 either way, but it's not a problem. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=549388.msg3896170#msg3896170 "

Thanks though

Illori

That is the way to do what he wants you to do upload clean files.

chamacao

I have 2.08

Do I override existing files with?

Upload clean files of version 2.12?
or clean files of version 2.08 ?
or the upgrade of 2.08 from 2.12?

I just one to be sure what to upload and overwrite.

Other than that I will have to create 4 SQL databases make 4 backups to a different server directory
and install a version 2.12, a version 2.08, an upgrade to 2.12, or a progressive upgrade package from 2.08 to 2.12  over clean file.

Sorry and Thanks...

Kindred

Ummmmm mmmmmmmmm. What? Why would you need 4 installations?

Just upload a clean set of 2,0,12 files from the large upgrade archive. Nothing else is needed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 20, 2016, 06:17:16 PM
Ok, just tried it on test forum.  Upload 2.0.12 upgrade package, no need to run upgrade.php.  Version check reports Sources as 2.0.10 either way, but it's not a problem.

- R. Waters

chamacao

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 28, 2016, 12:44:00 PM
In your screenshot phpMyAdmin3.png, select 'Custom' for 'Export Method', that will give you options I posted above.

I'm unclear as to what you want to do at this point.  Is your forum currently running on old host?  Are you moving it to a new host, or trying to upgrade it on old host?

I'm trying to upgrade at my actual host and making sure that my db backup will work to import it into a new db. Once it work here i'm moving.

Please understand that this is a almost 4 years 6000 topics in technical agriculture issues  by a large number of ag, scientist. We can not loose this information. Therefore my concern to just move and overwrite files without being absolutely sure that is going to work is a concern as well as having a db problem and not being able to move out this hosting company.

So, Today
I made a backup of all online SMF files and directories to my computer. Some files required changing permission to 644 to be copied and then were changed back to whatever the permission was.

I check them with and antivirus software. I also look for any .exe file in case of hacking in the downloaded directories. There were no reported failed transfers.

I created another directory in the server and uploaded the SMF files back into the server.
Again, there were no reported  failed transfers.

Redirected the domain for the forum to the new created SMF copy and the forum came up just fine and I have now basically 2 working server copies both 2.08

1. I try to upgrade 2.08 to 2.09 using the board upgrade function. That did not work, even when the system claim that everything was OK.  See. Figure Upgrade to 2.09 .  It gave the following error.

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

After trying a couple of times and not having access to the errors logs, well. thats that.

2. I installed a completely new installation of smf 2.12 in a new db of its own. Upon installation the board created 63 tables and inserted 779 rows in the dB.

I proceeded to import to this database,  the saved database from the working 2,08 board. I try 3 times. Once using the Quick method, another selecting all files and saving them with and without compression.

The SMF 2.12 remained empty and given this error every single time.

=============
INSERT INTO `smf_admin_info_files` (`id_file`, `filename`, `path`, `parameters`, `data`, `filetype`) VALUES
(1, 'current-version.js', '/smf/', 'version=%3$s', 'window.smfVersion = "SMF 2.0.12";', 'text/javascript'),
(2, 'detailed-version.js', '/smf/', 'language=%1$s&version=%3$s', 'window.smfVersions = {\n   ''SMF'': ''SMF 2.0.12'',\n   ''SourcesAdmin.php'': ''2.0.12'',\n   ''SourcesBoardIndex.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesCalendar.php'': ''2.0.12'',\n   ''SourcesClass-Graphics.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesClass-Package.php'': ''2.0.8'',\n   ''SourcesDbExtra-mysql.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesDbExtra-postgresql.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesDbExtra-sqlite.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesDbPackages-mysql.php'': ''2.0.12'',\n   ''SourcesDbPackages-postgresql.php'': ''2.0.10'',\n   ''SourcesDbPackages-sqlite.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesDbSearch-mysql.php'': ''2.0'',\n   ''SourcesDbSearch-postgresql.php'': ''2.0.7'',\n   ''SourcesDbSearch-sqlite.php'': ''2.0.7'',\n   [...]
--------------------------

In few hours I will try to put the upgrade package directly into one of the copies. Hope it works. Never the less I do need a SQL database that will import to move this board.

Thank you all, so very much for all your help. I repeat. This is in no way SMF fault.
Something seriously wrong happen in my server. I just found out there are 250 customers in the same server with useless websites.

Kindred

we have alreayd told you that you are over complicating things.

seriously.

The data for your site is held in the database. If you have a database backup, then you have everything that you need.
You state that you also took a file backup.  good...  just in case.

Now.. delete the Sources folder
delete the Themes folder
delete the cache folder
Delete all files in the forum root directory, except Settings.php and Settings_bak.php

Extract and Upload the 2.0.12 files.

one by one, reinstall themes and mods (in that order)

BTW: Hackers would not have uploaded an exe file - they would have uploaded more php or other script files...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: