News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Theme Upload Error

Started by koolm101, October 23, 2016, 03:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koolm101

I've been trying without success uploading a  theme i downloaded from smfticks.com [nofollow]. Each time i keep getting this error:  Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."
  What am i doing wrongly.

lurkalot

Themes need to be installed via Admin > Themes and Layout Settings > Manage and Install

And not via the package manager.  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installation_-_How_do_I_install_a_theme

koolm101

It worked. Thanks a million.

lurkalot

koolm101

Yeah I got it working fine at koboking.com [nofollow] but I need to change my header or is it called logo. I saw where it said logo URL but don't understand. What is logo URL? How do I go about it. Thanks in advance.

lurkalot

Well you'd probably be better off just replacing the logo image that's already there in the theme..

You'll find it here, Themes/BlueShame_4/images/theme/logo.png

You'll have to press Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard afterwards to see the change.

koolm101

Thanks for your insightful replies. But how do i replace the logo.

Kindred

make a new logo and upload it to your site using ftp or the site file manger
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

koolm101

I did. I uploaded it but how to make it replace the former is my coonfusion. Thanks for your answer.

Illori

if you have the new logo with the same name as the old, it should replace it.

koolm101

I uploaded it but it refuses to replace, instead it shows nothing. I know i must be doing something wrongly.

koolm101

Seems nobody is interested in this my problem >:(

lurkalot

Quote from: koolm101 on October 23, 2016, 12:51:24 PM

I saw where it said logo URL but don't understand. What is logo URL? How do I go about it. Thanks in advance.

Think you'll find we did try to help you. ;)

Did you put anything in that box?  If so remove it and it should revert back to the default logo, which will be the new one you uploaded to Themes/BlueShame_4/images/theme/logo.png

Make sure the image is of the same type and name as the original, and clear your browser cache after to see the changes.

koolm101

Quote from: lurkalot on November 09, 2016, 02:32:13 AM
Quote from: koolm101 on October 23, 2016, 12:51:24 PM

I saw where it said logo URL but don't understand. What is logo URL? How do I go about it. Thanks in advance.

Think you'll find we did try to help you. ;)

Did you put anything in that box?  If so remove it and it should revert back to the default logo, which will be the new one you uploaded to Themes/BlueShame_4/images/theme/logo.png

Make sure the image is of the same type and name as the original, and clear your browser cache after to see the changes.

Can't stop thanking you and others that helped me in one way or the other. It worked like magic. Thanks again.

Advertisement: