News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Https (SSL) problem

Started by Nedano, October 24, 2016, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nedano

My forum has SSL certificate and it works in adress https : // myadress.com [nofollow]

But when I go to my forum from adress www. myadress. com it isn't seen right (only titles, white page etc).

How to fix that?

Kindred

correct your address...   yourdomain.com is a different subdomain from www.yourdomain.com - regardless of how the internet treats the two...

so, set up your system so that the certificate is on the correct subdomain...  and then force everyone into the subdomain.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nedano

Quote from: Kindred on October 24, 2016, 01:48:02 PM
correct your address...   yourdomain.com [nofollow] is a different subdomain from www.yourdomain.com [nofollow] - regardless of how the internet treats the two...

so, set up your system so that the certificate is on the correct subdomain...  and then force everyone into the subdomain.

Where do I correct it? In cpanel or repair.php or where?

Kindred

well, you need to set it to the specific one that you want in your smf settings....

and then you would use something like .htaccess to redirect/force people to the correct address
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

sounds like you did not fix your theme URLs.
this does not require a rewrite but that does not hurt.
What is repair_settings.php?

Advertisement: